Author Topic: Zurich Hub - November newsletter  (Read 4011 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Hub - November newsletter
« on: November 04, 2007, 03:56:58 pm »
Welcome to the November newsletter for EuroHarmony's Alpine Hub - Zurich!

Here at LSZH there is much to look forward to now that the nights are getting longer and the days shorter! For one, it means less time for gardening or DIY and more time for flying! So now that we have released an FSX compatible fleet I thought I would give some suggestions of FSX compatible downloads that will enhance your flights in the Zurich region... (I haven't got FSX myself so if any of you try these files please feel free to post reviews or screenshots for us all to see!)

At Flightsim.com there is a Swiss Landclass file "chland2.zip" by Michel Grandjean and an update to most Swiss airports to create more AI traffic activity by Henk Altena called "swiss_ai.zip". There is also a file to update the Zurich region called "lszh_reg.zip" by Mike Gamp and a new Zurich AFCAD (airport facilities) file by Ray Smith called "fxlszh2r.zip".

To complement this you may wish to download some extra AI Traffic such as World of AI's Easyjet Switzerland package "woaezsv6.zip" and at Avsim EvolveAI have released the A319, A320 and A321 in Swiss International liveries to populate the Zurich parking stands! (Unfortunately, I don't know if AI Traffic works the same in FSX?)

I'm sure most of you will have seen posts in the Forum about a new payware scenery for Zurich which looks fantastic and works in both FS9 and FSX! Why not get yourself an early Christmas present? If you haven't seen the screenshots, have a look here and see what you think.

In the real world, there are many events taking place around Switzerland that will require the services of EHM pilots so if you're looking for flight ideas, pop over to the My Switzerland site and click on Events - you'll see the variety on offer there from a Christmas market up Mount Pilatus (at 7000ft altitude!) to the Montreux Comedy Festival and also the Zurich Wine Fair which takes place aboard 12 ships moored at the city!

There's still time before winter really arrives for you to start the Autumn in the Alps tour if you haven't already, and if you have, you could always test your IFR skills by flying it again in the snow!!

So as always, there's plenty going on here in our Alpine Hub - whatever flights you do please share your experiences with your fellow pilots here on the Forum and in the screenshot library! That way we can make our community even better!

Enjoy your flights!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management