Author Topic: Favourite airport sceneries  (Read 4285 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Favourite airport sceneries
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:25 am »
I've just returned from my holiday to Rome, Italy and I wanted to compare Fiumicino airport (LIRF) in the sim to how it looked in real life... I must say I was very impressed as the ISD scenery of LIRF is very detailed and looks just like I remember it :P

This made me think it would be a great idea if we all posted some screenshots of our favourite realistic sceneries so other pilots could choose somewhere new and accurate to fly to!

Without further ado, here's a few pics of the LIRF scenery - give it a try, it's a lovely airport ;)

View of the double decker roads leading to the terminal building.

Airside view of the same part of the terminal with the competition in the foreground!

[img=900x675]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4083/lirf005na4.jpg[/img]
Aerial view showing the detailed roads around the terminal.

Nice eye candy around the gates.

The satellite gates at Terminal C where my flight departed from!

I think it's always nice to be able to fly in MSFS from somewhere I've actually been as the airport layout makes more sense to me!

For more information about the real airport, visit the Aeroporti di Roma site and for a pack of charts, check here under LIRF. I'm not sure if this scenery works in FSX as it was designed for FS9 but if not you could always try this very detailed FSX AFCAD for LIRF by Ray Smith.

If you have a favourite detailed airport scenery, why not share a few screenies of it with the rest of us? I know I'm always looking for new and interesting places to fly to... :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:15:43 am »
Dom,

for such a nice scenery I would realy recommend Airport Enhancement Services (AES)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:30:39 am »
Very nice presentation indeed.

I was thinking about how the passengers are boarded from that satellite terminal ? Are there gates now invisible, or do they board on foot ?

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:50:21 pm »
Good point Robert! There are airbridges there in real life, I probably haven't got the scenery settings high enough for them to show... In fact I'm sure the scenery includes them as there are animated gate features etc if you set the radio to a specific frequency (so it says in the accompanying PDF!)

Glad you like the pics :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management