Author Topic: Why I\'ve been away  (Read 5091 times)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Why I\'ve been away
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:24:34 am »
Alright, here I go:

I was in hospital for awhile because I have had recently Premature Ventricular Contraction disorder which is caused by stress usually. However, I have had it for 5 days, and I was getting concerned, so I went to the hospital and they were checking my heart for whether it has a disease or something like that.

The good news is I am perfectly healthy, and it was caused by stress

The bad news is the reason it was so long is because I have a faulty heart genetically. My mother has two powerpacks (I think the proper word is pacemaker, but I prefer using that word; it sounds cool) that beat the heart when stressed instead of one, and I have now got that.

The good news is it's not dangerous, and it cannot kill me

The bad news is I will have this and tachychardia (another form of heart irregularity) more often when I get stressed, and it will be for longer, and it will feel stronger than the normal powerpacks because I've got two going at it!

So, that's basically it. It's nice to know I'm not going to die, and I'm not too bothered actually about having two powerpacks

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:49:03 pm »
Glad to hear you are OK and that things are looking up, just make sure you stay away from stress and don't forget to apply bleed air to your packs before attempting a restart!!!! ;)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:52:30 pm »
Welcome back Matt. It is good to hear everything is fine again.

If you stay more in the blue sky, probably less stress will happen...

-...errr, Captain, the stewardesses gone crazy, because the multimedia system has crashed and the passengers cannot use their iPods, so they want to stop the plane and get off...also we have ran out coffee and Whisky.
- Anything good news ?
- We lost Engine 1 and 2 hydraulics, but the ATC cleared us for finish holding pattern, so we have a stright way until the runway!
- All right then, I am going back to calm down the passengers, the plane is yours !

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:22:39 pm »
Hi Matt,

Gladly everything went out fine. We all missed you up here.

I wish you all the best regarding to you and your famility health problems.

Regards and welcome back again.

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:49 pm »
Thanks everyone! I'm just glad I got back in time for Dakar!;D

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:09 pm »
Hello Matt,

Glad to see you back. Heart is always touchy and very sensitive. Nice to see that finally all is fine. Enjoy this new page of your life, and fortunatelly, you will enjoy every minute of it. You will enjoy very much this Xmas break, I'm sure.

I wish you and your family prosperity, health and love

Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

EHM-1671 Ben

Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »
Hi Matt, good to hear you're back and doing well. Powerpack does sound much cooler ;D

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:58:01 am »
Hi Matt,

nice to have your back, powerpacked'n'ready!!!

All the best mate :)

EHM-1821 Javier

Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 05:18:40 am »
so that's why you're not on msn lately...:]

good to hear you're ok ;D next time you feel a bit stressed, just fire up FS, get into a Piper Cub (or a military jet;D)and swing it around the virtual sky ;D

and look on the bright side, now you have an excuse to reject some homework from your teachers :];D

EHM-1612 Paolo

Why I\'ve been away
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »
Welcome back Matt! I agree powerpacked sounds cooler :)
I give you a suggestion: don't try to use GameBoy's brain training often, because I usually get very stressed with it since Dr. Kawasaky (or whatever his name is) doesn't understand when I write a 1 and when I write a 4, same thing happens with 9 and 8 hahaha :]