Author Topic: teamspeak question  (Read 2778 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

teamspeak question
« on: June 30, 2004, 07:25:47 am »
I recently started online flying and so far am using text only. Yesterday I installed teamspeak. Now I wonder how this works. Imanaged to get connected to the right server and can hear everybody no problem. I only wonder how the behave here. I understand the Mic. is always open. So let's say you are parked and need ifc clearance for your flight. Am I right that you just say in your mike " ehm1281 requesting ifr clearance to etc..." when connected to the right atc ( in yesterday's case eham_TWR.

Although I was listning I also had problems understanding what they said so I'm a little bit nervous doing this. So does anyone know a nice quit airport to practice this?

One more thing. Yesterday french ATc told me just before landing "report speed control" . Does anyone know what this means?

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
teamspeak question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 07:50:03 am »
Im new to flying but I will try and help you.

Am I right that you just say in your mike " ehm1281 requesting ifr clearance to etc..."

Yes that what you say to the ATC. For they will reply with your Clearence. YOu might need a pen and paper for that so you can right down what he says.

"report speed control"

Im not sure but I think you have you have to say t othe ATC your speed.

Hope that helped. Oh and put 'New pilot, need help' when your flying. Thats what I do, so if your stuck they will most likely help you.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
teamspeak question
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 08:30:10 pm »
On 2004-6-30 at 06:25, Cyriel wrote:
...I understand the Mic. is always open...

In TeamSpeak you have two choices, either Voice Activated, where you set your mic to turn itself on when it hears sound above a certain threshold (personal opinion - doesn't work, you end up listening to people typing most of the time, or hearing their kids runing around, or ...) or Push-to-Talk, where you press a key and then start talking, releasing the key when you are finished talking (personal opinion - works like a charm, and there are plenty of tools to let you map mouse or joystick buttons to key presses so you don't have to use a keyboard to generate the appropriate key press)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON