Author Topic: A380 Panel lights  (Read 2539 times)

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
A380 Panel lights
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:41:08 pm »
I have just aborted a ProPilot flight with the A380 due to the fact that the panel lights go off and the whole of the autopilot panel goes completely black, this makes the aircraft virtually un-flyable, extremely annoying at the final stages of a 10hr flight. If you fly east to west leaving a European airport you are OK as the daylight follows you, however flying west to east you are going to land in the dark,and this will be virtually impossible as you cannot see any of the controls on the autopilot panel.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
A380 Panel lights
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:14:23 pm »
Hi Bruce, if you use Mitchell's panel this is a constant. It happens to me on every flight. What I do is to keep the panel lights off until ready to land. For some reason it will not last too long.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year for you and your family.
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
A380 Panel lights
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:38:49 pm »
Guys,

I don't know if this will help or not but I remember reading somewhere that if you have problems with panel lights on some panels you can solve it by 'cycling' them on and then off and then on again as sometimes the day and night bitmaps do not show up correctly as FS changes the lighting conditions from day to night...

Hope this helps.

And Merry Xmas!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything