Author Topic: Joyride / Bugging the colleagues - a Christmas story  (Read 4214 times)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Joyride / Bugging the colleagues - a Christmas story
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:01:24 am »
Hello mates,

the screenshot section is very quiet nowadays, so I decided to post here a little story of my flight...

I was just arrived back from Chicago as a passenger on our 747, and thought I am going to dust off my little private jet, and make a nice flight with it. It is a nicely repainted and dearmed F-14D Tomcat, a nice CAG-bird from the USS Enterprise airwing. During the last monthes, it was rebuilt for civilian transport. All the missiles are fake, and those holds the extra electronic equipment, and of course extra fuel !

The flight was a real joyride, until the EHM center called me on radio, to check a nearby flying plane. My TCAS showed flight 6758 flying north. I started the interception in the Czech airspace.

The airplane in trouble was an Airbus A320. They had small problems with the autopilot behavior, but no damage was visible from outside. Flight 6758 was heading to Copenhagen from Athen, just at middle distance over Hungary.

During the inspection. Comparable sized airplanes...

Their autopilot followed a zig-zaggy route. It could hold the course only by adjusting always +/-2 degrees. Like the kids: dancing with contrails at FL410.

Changing position...  :P like Mriya & Buran.

90 nm from Copenhagen, the Airbus started its descent. I gave him a bit advantage. He fastly descended by 2800-3000 fpm, in several steps.

We were approaching over the Oresund strait. Unfortunately that beautiful "Megastructure" bridge is not modeled in FS. The plane is ahead, the airport is at 10 o'clock.

That crazy Airbus turned into final with a steep turn from 3000. He started a fast descend. From behind it seemed he will report a go-around, but finally everything went well.

We are approaching the runway. The Airbus is lamost down, although its flaps are not fully opened yet. I follow the plane from just 1 mile. Behind us a Scandinavian ATR soaring.

Slowing down. Cool effects on the AI Airbus. The Tomcat is also just about to touching down.

Everything went fine, we were taxiing to parking. The airport was FULL. During taxi, we had to cross the same runway that we land on. That made a bit of waiting convoy :P

After guiding the plane to the parking spot, we saluted to another approaching EHM plane. While I gave him marshall support, the retour flight to Athen asked IFR clearance.

I did not want to bug the colleagues more, so we just saluting again to the BabyBus. Kastrup Airport was very busy.

After he passing we performed an extra fast takeoff. Farewell Copenhagen !

Heading home, reaching M1.2 cruise speed.

After 40 minutes, we were passing the "Duna-corner" which is a sign we are entering again Hungarian airspace, and so we started our descent to LHBP Ferihegy.

Keeping the speed limits, but performing unlikely fast descend. 31R is our runway at 10 o' clock again. The sky was clear and we got clearance for this odd approach path.

After a nice touchdown, with almost empty tanks, taxiing to the hangar. Cute planes sitting on the "low-cost" Apron 1. That is Mrs Karembeu painted on the 737s.

Engine shutdown. Flightplan closed.

Authorities asked me to install additional lamps and reflectors on the planes. This means another job on the plane, and on its panel. So the Cat will remain in hagar for a while. ;)

Thx 4 watching and, wish you happy (flying) Holidays ;D

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:25 am »
great story and pictures Robert!! I like the F-14 repaint ;D

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:23:26 am »
Me too ;D It would appear that EuroHarmony has a fighter wing hehe :]

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 08:29:34 am »
Fantastic sequence Robert :P

And it's good to know that the EHM fleet can rely on fighter assistance at short notice if we run into trouble ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 02:29:15 pm »
Nice, love that tomcat.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 05:49:51 pm »
Thx guys. No we do not have a fighter wing, although we already have the CAG bird ;D

And do not be scared, when flying online, and suddenly a nice Tomcat appears next to you, to check if everything was okay with your plane ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:51:40 am »
Stunning!!!!
Well done