Author Topic: Pro pilot Crash while en-route  (Read 5793 times)

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
Pro pilot Crash while en-route
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:10:53 pm »
Happy new year to all!
Has anybody been faced to the following problem: my plane went unexpectedly crashed while flying a propilot flight to-day. This is the second time it happens to me. It is very frustrating as I was almost completing a 6 hour flight without penalty....Any input would be very prreciated, although I am afraid there is not much we can do...

Thanks!

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:31:36 pm »
Gian,

Could you explain in a bit more detail please?

When you say 'your plane crashed', what exactly happened? Did you lose speed and stall or lose altitude or lose engines or another system? Did the PC crash?

If you could explain what stage of flight you were at (cruise/descent/approach) and describe exactly what went wrong we should be able to offer some advice to prevent it from happening again :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:39:13 pm »
Dom,

In fact the plane was normally flying at FL390 at 0.80 mach, everything seemed just normal when the message from FS on the green band passed indicating "CRASH". I had no signal requiring any action from me like speed reduction or stall or so...It happen suddenly and there was nothing I could attempt. Is this type of problem due to a possible FS bug? Thanks again.

Gian

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 07:10:06 pm »
Gian,

As long as that altitude and speed are within the normal operating characteristics of your aircraft then this is likely to be an FS bug. The only other thing I can think of is a mid-air collision thought this is a very small chance... Did you have TCAS operating on your aircraft?

It seems often that these FS crashes are due to scenery conflicts such as AFCAD files or landclass files - do you have any addon scenery for the area where this crash happened? It might be worth deactivating this scenery if you have and trying the flight again to check if this happens again...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:35:15 am »
Did it say Crash - aircraft overstressed? Thats the only thing i can think of :S
Either that or bug as Dom said.

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 12:25:31 pm »
Mariano,

no, it just said "crash". There was not the usual additional message "aircraft overstressed". I do not think there is any objective reason....

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:55:28 pm »
You didn't get real unlucky and got hit by some AI aircraft?
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:42 am »
In the end I might also consider that....:)