Author Topic: Learn to fly  (Read 4325 times)

EHM-2233 Andrew

Learn to fly
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:13:59 am »
to  start I like the way the site is set out and the number of flights that each pilots level has.

I  have been around FS since the 90s, i thought i was getting better at the whole flight thing from start up to shut down, but how wrong I seem to be.
Stopped using fs04 about a year ago, got a new Mojo at the start of jan and had FSX as a b-day gift. It runs well with no real problems.

The only thing I find wrong with it , is there training or learning centre has very limited info and the training flights are no where near that of FS04.

Now i  can take off , trim out climb ect. But landing seems a lot harder than in FS04 even the c172 is harder to bring down ( it may just be me but it seems that i  have forgotten how to even do a ILS app without using auto pilot) cant seem to hit the rwy with weather turned on.

So  here is my  question........
Can someone point me to a good guide ( when i say good I  would like to  find info where its not just do  this do  that , but  gives the reasons for doing it) also  gives information on working out v speeds for t/o and landing.

Been looking for this info and turned up very little.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Learn to fly
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 03:10:49 am »
Andrew,
please try this site:
http://www.avweb.com/cgi-bin/texis/scripts/avweb-search/search.html?query=fsx&x=42&y=5

This shows several articles dealing with training in FSX.
Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-2233 Andrew

Learn to fly
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 04:29:21 am »
thanks for the link will take a look at it and see if i can get back to being able to land. it maybe the fact that 1 year without making a flight is a long time and am not as young as i used to be , memory going or gone

btw what was this topic about ?? :%

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Learn to fly
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 06:12:47 am »
Andrew,

Good luck with your studies! Sometimes it just takes a bit of practice to get back into things after some time away ;)

If you would like some practical help with improving your skills, I'm happy to say we are revamping our Training Dept at the moment and we should be able to give you some specific pointers if you don't find suitable material yourself - just let us know what topics you are interested in :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Learn to fly
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:19:10 pm »
This stuff helped me a lot as well

Much better than ol' Rod Machado ever did;D

EHM-2066 Miguel

Learn to fly
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:13 pm »
Matt, for FSX, i used it sometimes already, but as i'm living in ethiopia, only got my laptop, and can only run FS9. In my PC in Portugal, i use FSX. I think landing much easier in FSX if you use the VC.
In FSX you feel the cabin moving first, so you have a better feel of the A/C, you see even better the reactions. Even though sometimes you get crosswind it is much more predictable landing with crosswinds in FSX than FS9. In the VC under those conditions you get to see the runway always straight to you (you change to the outside view, and you'll incredibly see that the aircraft is completly "on the side" but going straight to the runway. Try to use the VC for landing
Greetings

anything