Author Topic: on line flying how is it these days?  (Read 2728 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
on line flying how is it these days?
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:33:34 pm »
Hello All
Some years ago i used to do quite a lot of on-line flying with Livewire Airlines.Whilst this used to be fun most of the time,i got fed up up with the generally crudity of it ie very slow performance with lots of pilots,constantly losing the server etc and having to fiddle about logging on again amongst other things.I was just wondering weather the on-line environment has  improved these days with fast broadband connections etc if it has i maybe tempted to try again.
cheers Andy

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:09:08 am »
Hi Andy,

et me asure you that things have vastly improved since the days you describe. So much so that now the principle culprits are no longer the users but the network architecture.
Saying that, according to the crowded skies record of January 2008 some 9000+ members were online simultaneously before the servers gave the spirit up.

However, what better way to get a feel for yourself by joining us in a fly-in. There is one coming up shortly :)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 05:54:43 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-2029 Sotiris
Hi Andy,

et me asure you that things have vastly improved since the days you describe. So much so that now the principle culprits are no longer the users but the network architecture.
Saying that, according to the crowded skies record of January 2008 some 9000+ members were online simultaneously before the servers gave the spirit up.

However, what better way to get a feel for yourself by joining us in a fly-in. There is one coming up shortly :)

Thanks Sotiris
I may think about dusting off my headset and mike.
cheers Andy

anything