Author Topic: Scenery Help  (Read 3518 times)

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
Scenery Help
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:44 pm »
I was browsing through the screenshots on the main site the other day and noticed they all have the terminals and look so realistic. I dont get this i just get a what looks like a huge car park with a few aeroplanes and vans. Is it because my scenery is on lowest? is it because i need to download something? if it is because i need to download something could you tell me how and where i could find some.

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Scenery Help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:04 pm »
Hello Callum,

FS9 only comes with just a handful of 'good' airports and the rest of them look precisely as you said.

But do not worry. There are literally hundreds of sceneries that you can download, install and hey presto; you can have a very realistic airport instead of the usual FS crap.

Sceneries are divided into freeware and payware.
Some freeware have excellent quality some others don't but they're all free.
The payware ones are almost always of good quality but then, this was to be expected.

Below is a link with a list of freeware sceneries for FSX and FS9 for the ENTIRE world.

You will see of course NOT every airport has a scenery but so many do.
http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php
Happy browsing and send us some screenshots after you have installed them for us to have a look.

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
Scenery Help
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »
Ok thanks, and once i've downloaded these how do i put them into my scenery on the game?

:]

EHM-SWRT Jason

Scenery Help
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:28:57 am »
Unzip the File int to a temporany folder then Copy/Move the folder into the Addon Scenery folder in your main FS Directory (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery) Then load up FS go into your Settings Tab the Click Scenery Libary, Add Area, Go to Addon Scenary Folder and Click the Scenary you want's folder and restart FS9 and Load up your Airport

Hope this Helps

Jason

EHM-1671 Ben

Scenery Help
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:11:05 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-SWRT Jason
Unzip the File int to a temporany folder then Copy/Move the folder into the Addon Scenery folder in your main FS Directory (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery) Then load up FS go into your Settings Tab the Click Scenery Libary, Add Area, Go to Addon Scenary Folder and Click the Scenary you want's folder and restart FS9 and Load up your Airport

Hope this Helps

Jason

Or, if you go all out and buy payware, there will be a self-install feature like that of EHM's aircraft (I have seen this on a few freeware sceneries too).

anything