Author Topic: Flight logger  (Read 3186 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Flight logger
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:26 am »
Having spent over 1 1/2 hours on a flight from EKCH to ESSA with pro pilot, and checking the pro pilot button was pressed and clicking "Do you want to fly this pro pilot flight " i still did not get the pro pilot in the PIREP, so could not move the plane to ESSA,  this very frustating as  l will have to do the flight again, is there any way to make sure the pro pilot is on apart from the greyed out button?. this is not the first time this has happend to me.   Bruce T

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Flight logger
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:04 pm »
Hi Bruce,

By "not getting the PP in the PIREP" you mean you got a message in red fonts stating that there is not enough information to make it a PP flight?

If this is the case, it means only one thing: during flight, FL-server communication was severely disrupted. It is annoying indeed, happened to me too, a few months ago I had to fly 3 times a Dakar tour leg.

For a definitive solution the answers are: yes, this is solved in FL4 and no, I cannot tell yet when this will be released.

As a temporary solution, first you can check the connection simply by "visiting" the EHM web site while flying, and if you notice very long page loading times or even "lost" reloads, then your PP flight is at risk.

Should you detect such a situation, it may be best to pause the flight until the connection gets better. Also, I think that the worst case is to lose connection during take-off and landing, but I don't know the inside of FL3 so I would like someone else to confirm or infirm this.

Sorry for your yesterday misfortune and I wish you a better luck!

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Flight logger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:30:42 pm »
Hi Andrei, thanks for info, My PIREP had no  faults, but when l went to the home page it was not logged as a Propilot flight so did not get any points, ok on the connections, Thanks best rehgards Bruce T

anything