Author Topic: Flight Logger Update Error  (Read 3942 times)

Offline EHM-2222 Cheuk

• Ready for take-off
    • Torzer's weblog
Flight Logger Update Error
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:22:23 am »
After learning that there'll be a new PP Event which is going to be held on the 14th, I load up my Flogger and updated it. But there's an annoying error which says

'Run-time error -'2147217887 (80040e21)' Multiple-step operation generated errors.' Check each status value.

And after that, it crashes. This is not my first time bumping into this error and it occured since the first time I update Flogger a month ago. As there's exam going on during that period of time, so I ignored it. I've tried re-installing it and installing it in another drive but it don't seem to help. And I've read some older post about registering the 'dll' file and tried registering it but no avail. So I hope that you guys can help me.:|

Offline EHM-2222 Cheuk

• Ready for take-off
    • Torzer's weblog
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:15:21 am »
Hey guys, I'm sorry to bring this up again as everytime I want to join a propilot event, I can't, I'm always 'blocked' by this error. Anyway, the update error I'm having now is Runtime Error '9' Suscript Out Of Range, and the flight logger crashes after that. Any idea why is this happening? I've read the past forum threads, but nothing helps... :[ Hope someone can help me.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:27:57 am »
Hmm... I've got a brand new install on my travelling netbook (needed to test some other things...) and other than needing to register MSBIND.DLL and MSSTDFMT.DLL, it is working (and updating) fine; as far as I can tell, don't have FS on my netbook so can't go so far as to connect it to anything.

What AV/firewall software are you using? Might be worth turning it all off (including the Windows firewall) and trying again.

Failing that, only thing I can think to suggest is "nuke from orbit": De-register the above mentioned DLLs, de-install the FLogger, run an MS Update, re-install the FLogger, re-register the DLLs.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2222 Cheuk

• Ready for take-off
    • Torzer's weblog
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:15:26 am »
Hmm.. I'm using AVG as well as ZoneAlarm. Thanks anyway! ;D

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:21:51 am »
If you're using windows Vista, turn User Account Control Off and Flogger will work just fine.. that's what I did.

anything