Author Topic: FS lagging seriously bad  (Read 4029 times)

EHM-1821 Javier

FS lagging seriously bad
« on: July 06, 2008, 04:03:42 am »
Hi guys, i've been experienceing this for quite a while now, but i've tolerated it till last night

When ever i fly online, whenever someone else's plane loads on my FS, it hangs from anywhere like 10 seconds to maybe 8 minutes and I have no idea why. I had a new graphics card gutted into my computer not too long ago, there were no problems then with this graphics card or the older graphics card which i replaced.

Also, FS also takes forever to load the textures when i'm flying, but on the ground when i'm not moving, its really quick. I reckon both problems are connected, but no idea why, any ideas? need more RAM or new graphics card or smth?

Thanks!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
FS lagging seriously bad
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:26:05 pm »
More info Jav... A summary of your machine (RAM, type and speed would also be helpful; CPU, type and speed; HD, type and speed; chipset if you know it...)

Also, when did you last run a defrag of your HD(s) as that often makes a vast difference.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
FS lagging seriously bad
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:03:40 pm »
Also the HD total space and free space (disks lag a lot when they're almost full, specially if you have a pagefile aka virtual memory)
Secondly I'd suggest a defrag, and if you installed a big ass AI package, that could do it sometimes (I noticed it when I tried the adobe AI package)

EHM-1821 Javier

FS lagging seriously bad
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 03:58:15 pm »
RAM almost 1GB if i remember corretly
says on the CPU sticker "Compaq Presario SR1793CF"
sometime this year was the last time i did a defrag
i've got 2 hard disks, one 80GB whereby almost 65GB is used up by FS and my documents, the other 150GB about 20GB used at most
I've got a Nvidia NX8500T graphics card if that helps

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
FS lagging seriously bad
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »
Id say move FS to the bigger hard drive and defrag it...
Its never a bad idea to add more memory if you can afford it, 1 GB should be enough, but more isnt gonna hurt. Just remember XP has a max of 4gb of supported memory I think, for more than that you need Vista...

Also I remember at least once installing a lot of plug ins/add ons onto FSim, and it did "that".Call it shoving more in my mouth that I could chew =S
So maybe a fresh install of FS could help...

EHM-1821 Javier

FS lagging seriously bad
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:23:42 pm »
No way I'll be moving FS9 onto that second disk, my computer cant detect FS9 Disk 3 when i load it :'(

I'll try to get some more ram sometime these few weeks and see what happens :]

anything