Author Topic: Digital Aviation Fokker 70  (Read 8032 times)

Offline EHM-0005 Maarten

• Martian transfer
Digital Aviation Fokker 70
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:55:19 pm »
Dear fellow pilots,

I got back on flight simulator and got me the beautiful Fokker 70/100 from Digital Aviation / Flight 1. It's a great aircraft with many features (including an FMC!) and a great model. For more information see: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fokkerjet

However, how interesting would this aircraft be if it does not have the EuroHarmony livery? Well, the answer: not at all :P.

So this afternoon I started working on the repaint for this aircraft. It's almost finished, but I have to correct some small bugs. Here's a preview:

As you can see, I chose for a dirty look. Once it's finished, it's up to the management to choose if they want it on the site or not.

Please let me know what you think of it. I am thinking of changing the engines a bit. Besides that, the decal on the front gear door is also incorrect. I'll correct that later.

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:33 pm »
VERY good paint job there...  Very realistic and dull looking, like a real plane, unlike many "flawless plain repaints" I've seen in many places.
Kinda makes the rest of Flight Simulator look bad, like that generic building in the background hehe

Good job Maarten

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:32:09 pm »
Nice to see you back mate :)
Fokker or not Fokker :)

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:32 am »
I love it Maarten, pls make it downloadle ASAP 'cause the DA F70/100 is already in my hangar, but with such a strange templates.

ps. a repaint for the FSX model is also very welcome.

Welcome back btw
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:36:24 am »
Hi Maarten
   Nice to see you back mate, and with a Prezie.;)
   Yes thats a great paint job and very realistic.
   An aircraft with a few miles under its belt.
   Cheers

Offline EHM-0005 Maarten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:34:07 pm »
Thanks for your replies! I made some changes to it and fixed some mistakes:

I noticed I accidentally forgot to put the registration on the fuselage. I'll do that later.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:49:06 pm »
Hi Maarten,

Great picture mate. I am sure Robert will have pleasure to take a look at it :)

Welcome back and I hope we'll see you flying it often.

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 10:48:11 am »
Great looking! pitty I have just been promoted to my beloved 737 birds where I expect to be doing my next 30+ hours.

Do you have a SAITEK throttle quadrant or a CH-YOKE? I would like to know if with this payware bird you can:

a) Map each engine to its own throttle lever on your TQ
b) Map the FLAPS axis to another lever (rather than a toggle button)
c) You know if it works with the GoFlight MCP PRO?

This year I bought the Captain Sim 757 for FS9 and noticed it has a bug in which the FLAPS axis is NOT recognized (big bummer!) and they had no plans for fixing that bug. As a result my investment was for nothing and I have never used the product. I don't want to buy any more products with such basic defect if you know what I mean...

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:32:29 am »
Originally posted by EHM-2198 Didimo
This year I bought the Captain Sim 757 for FS9 and noticed it has a bug in which the FLAPS axis is NOT recognized (big bummer!) and they had no plans for fixing that bug. As a result my investment was for nothing and I have never used the product. I don't want to buy any more products with such basic defect if you know what I mean...

Hi Didimo, I know what you mean but it seems such a shame to miss out on such a good plane! Personally I'm content with the F5, F6, F7 and F8 flap controls on the keyboard ;)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 02:19:55 pm »
Mine works perfectly fine, but like Ben said, you can use the keyboard controls

EHM-2354 Thomas

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 05:49:43 pm »
Hi

Where can I find this repaint?

Thomas

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 08:07:48 pm »
Awesome paintjob, Maarten! [thumbs up]

I love the F-70, partly because I designed some test equipment for it, back in the days, and witnessed some late prototype stage tests.
I wanted to go buy the DA F70/F100 myself, because I saw a proto-repaint on avsim. So I could actually go re-live these stall tests myself... Virtually of cause!!!
Now with this paint (soon?) available, I am sure I'm gonna buy it (the FSX version, that is)! Just have to first fix some graphics problems I seem to be having lately. Maybe that will cause me to switch to FS9...?

Anyway, I really like what you did with the paint. Please keep us posted when you think it's really finished.

Cheers!
Eric-Jan
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0005 Maarten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:45 am »
Hi all,

I haven't been very active in flight sim for a couple of months, so this repaint was never finished. Next week, I'll see if I still have it somewhere. If the repainter of MT is interested, I can send it so he can finish it. There are only some minor things to be done.