Author Topic: Can I fly the B738 on this route?  (Read 3430 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Can I fly the B738 on this route?
« on: July 29, 2008, 05:34:57 pm »
I am a bit puzzled with this now that I had carefully prepared my "papers" I am stuck again :(

When I look in the flights there is a route KATL - MPTO with a B738 which has also been flown in the past (same config) by Bruno. So I prepared my papers for this long flight.

Now, when I load Flight Logger I choose that departure and destination and get several flights listed, I chose the one of the main division (EHM-4800). However, I see there that in spite of it showing in the history as flown several times on a B737, on FL I can only choose Fokker 70 or some other plane but not the B738 :(

I can't make that flight then on "my" Boeing?

On a secondary note, A Boeing 737-800 is commonly used in real life for that route, even a Boeing 767 so I wonder why it is a Class 4 flight with a Fokker 70? In real life I have flown this route several times, sometimes with stopover in Miami. Just wondering...

And... on a tertiary note... why are many flights shown in Flight Logger with 00:00 as both arrival and departure times? seems to be a common ocurrance on flights on the Americas.

If not I guess I will have to search another interesting flight. Want to know though...

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:32:27 pm »
Hi Didimo, I have encountered this many times before. The easiest remedy is to select the flight, then click on the class '5' button (at the top next to the division buttons) twice. This will reset the aircraft in the panel on the left, but keep your KATL - MPTO flight selected.

With regards to your arrival/departure time question, my guess is that it is (possibly) a lack of information that the timetable has received from PP flights? I will let someone more experienced answer that ;)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:16:46 pm »
GREAT tip Ben!

anything