Author Topic: Planning more latinamerican routes  (Read 2856 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Planning more latinamerican routes
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:56:55 pm »
Yesterday I landed my A320 bird on Panama city, Panama (MPTO) after a 5 hour flight form Atlanta, Georgia, US (KATL).

Since there is a waiting period before flying from somewhere else I tend to start my next PP leg from the last airport and get a nice "private tour".

I was checking the timetables and apparently the only flight to many latinamerican destinations is from/to Atlanta. This is quite a long flight, specially to do it all over again.

I would like to know if there are more plans to include more latinamerican routes as there are plenty of interesting (and challenging) airports in the area without having to spend the whole evening in front of the virtual cockpit.

For example, from MPTO there are plenty of possibilities in real life such as MROC (San Jose, Costa Rica), various destinations in Colombia (SKBO, SKRG, Cali), Guatemala, San Salvador, Mexico city, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Caracas, Lima/Peru, Brazil, etc. These are all Class 5 routes served in real life by B737, MD80 and A3xx.

That would really make it more interesting to fly in the area. Otherwise I guess there is not going to be much life in the KATL hub either :(

In real life MPTO (Tocumen International)is the hub of Copa Airlines that serves all of central, south and part of north america. Also receives long haul european flights from Madrid and Amsterdam.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Planning more latinamerican routes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 12:00:51 am »
Hi Didimo,

We are currently working on a big project that is to create a new timetable.

I would strongly suggest that you send an email to the "man in charge" for that objective: Miguel Coelho (miguel at fly-euroharmony.com).

Regards,

anything