Author Topic: Nasty weather at Atlanta right now  (Read 5730 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Nasty weather at Atlanta right now
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:42:01 pm »
In real life no pilot would attempt to takeoff in these conditions: Winds 200/15 Gusts 35+. I did and eventhough I was aware that I could either get stalled at liftoff or overspeed. Anyhow, to avoid stall, I kept the plane of the runway way after the 142 Vr. It was fine, but............. I got the Pen14. I was so fast that I couldn't avoid it.
So, do not attempt to do this in real life. :$
BTW, at this time in real life, Atlanta is shut down due to a massive communications computer failure.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:58 am »
Cant wait for Flight Sim to have very realistic weather that shows exactly as the conditions on the location in "the real world"... Mostly I get some wind and maybe low visibility... and calm above FL 100... Like no wind at all at FL 330.

I want some good looking storms! :@

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:59 am »
Originally posted by EHM-2155 Mariano
I want some good looking storms! :@

Much more fun that way! Try Wellington airport, New Zealand (NZWN). Not many storms but in winter the airport is frequently closed because the wind is too high for planes to safely land ;D

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 04:17:12 pm »
When flying online (IVAO or VATSIM) the weather is very close to the real thing.
I have crosschecked it with http://www.wunderground.com.
When flying not online I activate the FS Real Weather feature with automatic update provided by Jeppessen. It is like an online only-weather connection. Of course, an Internet connection is required.
What I have never done (will try one of these days) is to fly online but using the FS Real Weather feature. Has someone done that?

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 09:56:52 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1749 Hector
When flying online (IVAO or VATSIM) the weather is very close to the real thing.  

This is when it doesnt get bugged and gives me 99 knot headwinds thus ruining my fuel consumption and making me do an emergency landing (happened over france) :P

anything