Author Topic: Using 2 monitors with FSX  (Read 5169 times)

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Using 2 monitors with FSX
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:37:00 am »
I have been using 2 monitors connected  to my graphics card with FS9 to display FS navigator as a moving map. I have just installed FSX and when I run FSX the second monitor goes black, making it impossible to use it as a second display. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem, I know you can set the display settings to span, however this only spreads the original display across the 2 monitors?.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Using 2 monitors with FSX
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 05:54:39 pm »
Hi Bruce,

first of all as you probably have found out by now FSNav is not working on FSX (and it won't unfortunately but you can use Jeppesen FLiteStar for a moving map).
In terms of getting the display to work on two monitors it's not so much an FSX issue.
To start with; have you got your graphics card to spread your desktop across two monitors? (Note; note to mirror one on the other but to actually use the span of both for one desktop).
M$ also has this guide on setting up dual monitors in Window$ in general:
Click me

Then it is just an issue of running FSX in windowed mode, maximise it on the first monitor and the make new windows via the 'view' option. Detach them, and drag them 'next door'.
Here's what another user wrote about how to 'undock' views:
"What you will need to do is open the individual gauges up, then right click on each one and choose "undock window". At this point you can drag the gauge window to the other monitor as long as it is set up as extended desktop. If this doesnt work then do the following: Make sure you are in Window mode to undock- It won't do it in full screen mode.
Also if you are using an NVidia graphics card make sure you run multiple display wizard(N Tune) and select custom/select primary monitor/ Dualview-That should do the trick"

If any of those steps don't work please let me know which one it is. This is just a first troubleshooting opst based on your limited info.

anything