Author Topic: FLogger and Aircraft selection class 1-2  (Read 5137 times)

EHM-2381 Ted

FLogger and Aircraft selection class 1-2
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:53:47 pm »
Howdy!

While I managed to get the .dll's registered and FLogger appears to connect to the EHM site I get a previously reported issue with the log program not able to connect to FS.

In the other thread there is mention made of FSUIPC...what is this and where would I get it? I am running FSX Gold on WINXP if that helps.

Also I may have misunderstood the aircraft usage rules. I flew and submitted a PIREP for FLT EHM-2004 (Heathrow-Brussels) using the SU-80 on a CAT 2 route. Did I screw this up in thinking I could fly the route with a lower cat aircraft or is it ok? I am just enjoying flying the SU-80...believe it or not :]. If I screwed up please remove the PIREP and I will refly with a CAT 2 ship.

Cheers

Ted

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »
Hi Ted!

FSUIPC is a module which allows Flight Logger (and also many other programs) to connect to FS to get date from it. It canbe downloaded from the downloads page on the EHM website if i remember correctly, under Pilots->Downloads

As for your flight, as long as your rank is high enough to fly the plane and the flight, its allowed. So in this case, you need to be at least a Class 2 pilot.

Hope that helps ;D

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:48:57 pm »
Hi Javier,

I found and downloaded the file you mention and read through the attached instruction .pdf. The user manual asks for the .dll to be installed in the "modules" folder of FS.....but there is no such folder in my installation of FSX.

Also...in the main FSX folder there is already a .dll named xuipc.dll.

So my question would be do I simply dump the FSUIPC.dll into my general FSX top level folder and will it cause me any issues? I am only asking as the installer instructions have not been updated since FS9...and I would hate to wreck a nicely tuned FSX installation inadvertently :P!

Cheers for any further guidance and I am glad my Brussels flight was kosher after all.

Ted

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:22:21 am »
It seems the version on the downloads page is 3.5, i'm not sure but i think that's for FS2004 only.

I have FSUIPC version 4.2 installed in my FSX and my installation does have a modules folder, although i don't know if it worked since i've never tried connect Flight Logger to FSX :s

Just do a quick search on avsim and you should find ver4.2 easily, and see if that works! :)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 07:06:43 am »
Hi Ted,

A few more details about FSUIPC:

- According to the official site (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html), the newest version is 4.40;

- It is possible indeed that an older version is FS9 only;

- FSUIPC can be used in registered (payware) or unregistered (freeware) modes. While the registered mode offers some intersting features, it is not required for running the flight logger;

- The latest FSUIPC versions are downloaded as installer to run (unlike older versions that were packed as files to copy manually). The installer also created the "modules" folder if it does not exist.

Hope this helps

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:54:17 am »
ahh, that explains the modules folder, thanks Andrei!

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:57:58 am »
That explains all! The link here just lead directly to the download which is the FS9 version. I should have had a look around the site.

Cheers for the help.

Ted

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:04 pm »
As an update....the latest FSUIPC executable broke my perfectly running copy of FSX upon installation.

I am not happy :@.

Specifically FSX now hangs on launch forcing a Task Manager End Process.
A search of the author's forum reveals no real info on the issue.

I am going to attempt to fix it using the FS utility...if that does not work I will have to uninstall/reinstall/defrag/blah blah blah.

Bummer.

Ted

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 04:12:38 pm »
As an update running the repair function did not work.
I had to completely uninstall FSX Gold and reinstall in order to get my sim back.
I have posted on the author's forum in hopes of figuring out what went pear-shaped.
In the meantime I'll stick to manual PIREP's.

Ted