Author Topic: FlightLogger  (Read 5286 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
FlightLogger
« on: December 18, 2008, 05:14:24 pm »
Hi
I am new to Euroharmony and to using Flightlogger, so I apologise if this matter has been covered before or elsewhere. There are one or two issues that it would be helpful if I could have clarified for me. For Flightlogger....
1. It states that it is possible to enter the number of passengers being carried on a flight. My pirep always shows the maximum number for the aircraft and I can't seem to find a way to change that.
2. When I changed altimeter pressure to standard after FL180, I was informed on the screen that I had received a penalty for NOT doing this!!
3. Engine start times, take-off times, etc. do not seem to match those on FS for the actual flight.
Thanks for any comments you have on this - even if it is to direct me to where I can read about these things.
Ian

EHM-1821 Javier

FlightLogger
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:48:22 am »
Hi Ian,

I can only help you with 2), sometimes there is more than one altimeter on the panel, with the second probably hidden somewhere and thus didn't get changed to 2992/1013, it's best to tap "B" when at FL180, this will ensure that you will definitely not get the penalty ;)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
FlightLogger
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 09:14:36 am »
Thanks Javier. Will do that.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
FlightLogger
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:11:26 am »
In relation to your first question - can you not adjust the amount of passengers in the 'fuel & payload' section of FS itself? Does flight logger not monitor this information from the game itself? Could be way off the mark but just wondering....
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
FlightLogger
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:19 am »
That's a possibility. I'll try that and see what happens.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
FlightLogger
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 01:22:06 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1980 Brian
In relation to your first question - can you not adjust the amount of passengers in the 'fuel & payload' section of FS itself? Does flight logger not monitor this information from the game itself? Could be way off the mark but just wondering....

Unfortunately... no. The number of passengers can be manually entered in the "Log" page of the FlightLogger.

As for the altimeter penalty, what I do is switch between actual pressure and STD not exactly at 18000ft but 1-2 thousand feet below. This way neither the indicated or the true altitude cannot exceed 18000ft while my altimeter is not set to STD.

I don' t know the exact criteria that trigger this penalty but I will surely know these for the next FL version :) Then I may bee ble to provide a better solution (I mean, closer to real life).

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
FlightLogger
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »
Thanks for info Andrei. I still have a probem with passengers though. The log page won't allow me to alter the number of passengers once the maximum number for the aircraft being flown goes in. :[ All of the other alterable data can be altered without any problem.
I have just noticed another issue similar to that of the altimeter. When I switch off the landing lights, if used, after take-off I am being issued with a penalty.

EHM-2378 Ashley

FlightLogger
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 05:18:47 pm »
Hi,
I have problem.  The flightlogger is allowing me to log in but when i do so it says this:
'cannot initialize data bindings' and,'Run-time error '9'' and, 'subscript out of range'

Please help me, i really badly want it to work

Ashley V 2378

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
FlightLogger
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:23:06 am »
Ian, was that by chance a ProPilot flight? Because if it was, the behaviour is normal: every time one books a flight, the server "knows" how many passengers are waiting for that flight. Tht number of passengers is included in the PIREP abd CANNOT be modified.

In this case, if one is looking for realism he should do the other way around: note the number of passengers given when the flight is booked and use that number in FsPassengers or any other load configurator around.

Ashley, that issue sounds familiar enough, it is related to some DLLs that sometimes need to be registered manually after install. There is extensive history of this problem in this forum, just search for "runtime".

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
FlightLogger
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 04:31:14 pm »
Hi Andrei

No this was not a ProFlight flight - as far as I am aware!! I have tried every which way but I cannot change the maximum passenger number to anything else! I am probably missing something simple to enable me to do this but I can't work out what. Will have to fly with maximum passengers meantime.

Ian