Author Topic: FSX + REX + SU-80 (EHM-1093; EGSH-EHAM)  (Read 4898 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
FSX + REX + SU-80 (EHM-1093; EGSH-EHAM)
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:12:40 am »
Today my 5th EHM flight with the SU-80: EGSH-EHAM.
Just installed Real Environment Extreme, and this is what it does with default settings (did not take the time to modify themes yet):

Started off with some rainy weather at Norwich

But as I got higher up, the weather improved a lot!

A top-down view to illustrate the water reflections

Soewhere behind that cotton ball there is rwy 18R of EHAM

After that, it took me 29 minutes to get to GA parking at the other side of EHAM, because I went around rwy 18C via Z. That caused the PP PIREP to report an error: "more than 25 minutes between touchdown and engines stop", and so the PIREP wouldn't file!
In the second attempt, I cut across rwy 18C via W5, and kept an average (!) speed of 20 knots for 21 minutes taxiing to GA parking. Careful to not exceed 25 knots... Phew that worked! Too bad I had a bit of a rough landing causing another 400 penalty points to add to the "standard" 270 for not having a working landing light...:[
Besides those penalty points, I had a good time flying and looking out the windows!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:03:20 am »
Real Environment Extreme is awsome.

I bought it too, and it worths every piece of money there .... Truly a great Christmas gift!

The random environment feature is awsome. You can random the environment so you never see the same environment twice!

And beware my friends. You don't configure the clouds and textures ... you even configure the taxiway lines, the airport ground, runway ground texture, even the airplane lights (Xeon, etc) ... everything is configurable there. The sun glare effect, the airplane lights, etc ....

Real Environment Extreme + PMDG MD 11 = Bruno Falcão Happiness ;D

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:23:02 pm »
Agree with Bruno: magnificent!

And as an added bonus: I uninstalled 3D light redux because of the REX lighting features. It solved my Landing light problems (LL would not stay on, flip to "off" directly after switching to "on")!

Happy, happy happy!!!;D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:16:35 pm »
That is simply awesome. I would like to get that piece of software; however, what is the framerate hit like?

I currently am locked at 30FPS with no issues using FSX Gold/World Of AI with sliders mostly to the right except for Autogen which is at normal (middle) setting and 10m/7cm at 1280x1024. If I turn off AA I can usually lock to 40-50FPS.

PC=Core2 Duo @2GHz with 2Gb RAM, 8600 GT GFX, and WINXP SP3.

**EDIT**Nice to see I am not the only one enjoying flying the SU-80 ;D.

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 02:17:29 pm »
Hi Ted,

I haven't tweaked around with all the possible settings yet, so you'll have to take some margin with the following:

I haven't noticed a frame rate reduction of any significance just yet. While on my antique system (P4 @ 3.2 GHz; 2GB RAM; ATI X700 256 MB GFX ; state-of-the-art system when I bought it 5 years ago...), I should notice any additional workload immediately, of cause. I have fps "locked" at 20, but I only hit 20 while cruising over the big pond. With some more complex scenery around, fps drop to anything between 13 and 4 fps, with 10 fps being acceptable in my book.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

anything