Author Topic: Class II/III FSX Aircraft  (Read 4713 times)

EHM-2381 Ted

Class II/III FSX Aircraft
« on: December 27, 2008, 08:42:03 pm »
Howdy!

I have been enjoying flying the SU-80; however, I went ahead and downloaded the SAAB 2000 FSX model as I wanted to start flying that as well.

Trouble is...when it loaded the panel/gauges remained the same as the SU-80 :s.

Did I miss something with the executable?

I tried to correct this by downloading the full 2004 version SAAB 2000 and properly located that file into "simobjects" and wound up with a blank panel!

I am new to this so any help would be appreciated. I would like to get the following aircraft working if possible under FSX:

SAAB 2000
ATR-72

Shorts-360 (if it works under FSX)
BAE 146 (if it works under FSX)

I really enjoy flying the small stuff and I would like to start flying the Shorts on some cargo runs as it look like a fun airframe to fly.

Cheers

Ted

**EDIT**I am going to try and get FLogger and Propilot working in the new year. A little success at upgrading aircraft would be encouraging :]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:48:58 am »
Don't quote me on this; I was nothing to do with the "project" to FSXify the bits of the fleet that currently work in FSX, but...

I believe that all the TP-class aircraft use the same default King Air panel (and similarly, all the jet-class aircraft use the same default Boeing panel) just to make things easy on our pilots while the panel designers catch up with FSX SP2.

To all our FSX users: if you come across a good panel for any of our fleet, *please* let us know either here in the forum or via email so we can evaluate/incorporate it into the fleet.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44:44 pm »
Murray is right, all TP's use the same King Air 350 panel, and no VC.
In the "panel" directory of ech plane you'll find a file "panel.cfg", and they will all contain just one line referring to the default FSX King Air 350 panel. It's a shortcut for plane "translators", which has been used for all these planes.
I would not recommend using the FS9 planes "as is" in FSX; there is a lot of tweaking needed in the "aircraft.cfg" file to get them working in the first place, and then to get them handling as they should.

Even with the FSX versions, I still have a little trouble with the SAAB and ATR taxiing at 40kn with idle thrust... That's one of those performance parameters you ccan tweak in "aircraft.cfg"
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

EHM-2381 Ted

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:50:56 pm »
No worries. I'll just stick to flying the SU-80 as the panel seems a reasonable substitute for reality. I don't usually use the VC anyway so don't miss it....but am looking forward to flying a couple glass cockpit airframes in EH colors at some point.

In the meantime slow boat on class 1-3 it is :].

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:10:53 pm »
Ha, same here!

Except that I do like to look out the cockpit window at about 45 degrees to either side when aproaching a rwy. Also, I used to do a lot of VFR flying (not for EHM though). That typically works much nicer with VC.
For that (and because I want to join the Croisère Noir PP event) I got myself the PMDG B1900D. So now I have an FSX compatible B1900 as well, with VC. ;D!!
Nice touch: the cockpit is pretty much the same as the default panel: same type of gauges, same look,slightly different places. I suppose that is only natural, considering the default FSX panel also belongs to a Beech. So you're not really missing out on much, other than the VC. For the C.N. event, there is a repaint available of the default B1900D, which IS FSX compatible. So I guess if you combine that one with the default textures of the FS9 version, you will end up with a FSX compatible B1900D. Personally I think the SU-80 looks better.

Anyway: happy flying!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

EHM-2378 Ashley

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 03:27:26 pm »
Ted, i have a suggestion for you, if you wanted to change the panel slightly, then you can use the panel from say the A320.  Delete the existing cfg file and copy the cfg from the A320 over to the other aircraft.  After that, take all of the picture of the cockpit and put them in the panel folder.  This worked for me, hopefully it will work you as well.

Hope this helps
Ashley EHM-2378;)