Author Topic: FSX planes  (Read 4722 times)

EHM-2351 Raoul

FSX planes
« on: December 30, 2008, 02:34:49 pm »
Hello,
I only have FSX and it seems many planes of the fleet are missing for FSX. Right now I do flights with the B1900D but as I don't have it in FSX, i chose the standard King Air for doing the flights.

It seems that some talk about the B1900D from PMDG for FSX, i think there is even a livery for it for the croisière noire event. But when checking at PMDG's website it list the B1900D as only FS2004 compatible. Could someone please clarify this for me? :)

Is it, in general, OK to use "similar" planes in FSX ,if I don't have the one that is in the official fleet?

Thanks for any answer,
Raoul

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
FSX planes
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:16:54 pm »
PMDG has a page on their wiki explaining how to transfer their B1900 (C and D) into FSX - http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_Express_FAQ
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
FSX planes
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:52:43 pm »
Hi Raoul,

Unfortunately, at present, we don't have all airplanes compatible with FSX. You can see the compatibility list on the Fleet page (Pilots -> Fleet, from the main site).

On 2009, that's one of our main goals: To have all fleet FSX compatible. The problem is that we have many airplanes that will need to be replaced by others, or be improved to be FSX and FS2004 compatible.... a lot of work ahead of us.

Regarding to the Croisiere Noire Event, yes, we did arranged a freeware FSX Beech 1900D specifically for the Event.

You cannot use other different model airplanes besides the ones there, but if you want, you can use your own Beech 1900D FSX to fly with it.

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
FSX planes
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:02:30 pm »
Hi Raoul,

The FSX compatible EHM Beech you need to download from the event page; it is not (yet) on the fleet page.
just go Pilots>Events>Croisière Noire>scroll down to the picture of the plane.
The link for the EHM FSX version below it is complete (including model, not just liveries only). Worked for me, but with no VC.

If you really want the VC, like I do, you need the PMDG model plus the PMDG paint. I can help you get it up and running on FSX, 'cause I managed to do so for myself. Just hope I remember wat all I did...
Drop me a U2U if you are interested.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

EHM-2351 Raoul

FSX planes
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:16:53 pm »
Hello,
thanks for all your help. I bought the PDMG B1900D and it worked after I copied the files to the relevant FSX directories. The EHM model for PDMG works great too, so I am ready for the African sun next week :)

Cheers,
Raoul

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
FSX planes
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:26 am »
Hi Raoul, great to hear you're gonna make it!

One last tip from my side: I added/modified:

ui_manufacturer=Class 1
ui_type=PMDG Beechcraft 1900D
ui_variation=EuroHarmony Croisière Noire
ui_createdby=EuroHarmony V4 FSX
title=v4EHM-B1900D

to the applicable [fltsim.x] section of the PMDG's aircraft.cfg

I believe the logger uses some of this info (title?) to determine if the correct plane is used, and the manufacturer and type are displayed in FSX in the screen where you select the plane. Don't go thinking I know all about installing planes in FSX, though! I just copied it from the FS4 version after the logger would not have my PMDG for a PP flight.

Manny happy landings!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

anything