Author Topic: New EuroHolidays PMDG MD-11 liverie...  (Read 4806 times)

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
New EuroHolidays PMDG MD-11 liverie...
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:09:14 am »
Hello everybody,

Over the past, what? Two months now? We have been seeing all kinds of screenshots in the forum which feature the new EuroHolidays livery for the PDMG MD-11.

What are the plans of making this livery available to everybody? To be honest, getting a bit fed-up with always 'having to charter' an aircraft from a different airline for my EuroHolidays - class 7 flights.

Hope someone can let us normal mortals know... ;)

Many thanks in advance and happy new year!!

Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:29:03 pm »
Hi Stef,

Unfortunately we lost 2 Fleet Managers on the last weeks. Both come and both quit without any special reason (both due to lack of free time).

As you also noticed we announced (again) the Fleet Manager recruitment and fortunately one person answered, so we are already talking to him to check his work and try to make sure this situation will not happen again.

But, because all of you are anxious about it ;D, we just placed a special link on the MD-11 fleet page for a temporary version that we have. It's not with the EHO colors but it's almost!

Have fun with it.

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:03:38 pm »
Hi Bruno,

Thanks plenty! Anything is better then nothing, right? And it looks cool to me anyway!

One of my upcoming flights then: to EDDF to get a proper repaint! ;)

Nice start of the year! :>

Aloha,

Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:20:23 pm »
Hi Bruno,

I've just installed the temp livery for the MD-11, but there's a little mistake in the aircraft.cfg. According to the aircraft.cfg it is the PW-model instead of the GE-model.

PS. Happy Newyear to all of you
Niels
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:48:12 pm »
Hi,

Yes, Evan and I noticed that too. Well, for now use it please, although I am more used to GE engine models too :)

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 11:36:58 am »
Hi guys,

Simple solution (below consideres you have already installed EuroHolidays livery in PMDG MD-11):

• navigate to PMDG MD-11 folder in Airplanes under SimObjects folder in FSX
• copy both following files from Texture.MB folder to Texture.EB folder:
     PMDG_MD11_Engine_Left_T.dds
     PMDG_MD11_Engine_Right_T.dds
• from Texture.EB folder now delete following two files (want to keep things nice and tidy, right?):
     PMDG_MD11_PW_Engine_Left.dds
     PMDG_MD11_PW_Engine_Right.dds
• now open the PMDG MD-11 aircraft.cfg and modify the EuroHolidays MD-11 entry according the below (changes in bold italics[/i]):

[fltsim.x]  <-- 'x' should be sequential number in aircraft.cfg[/i]
title=PMDG MD-11 EuroHolidays
sim=MD-11
model=GE[/i]
panel=
sound=GE[/i]
texture=EB
kb_checklists=
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=HB-IWG
atc_airline=EuroHolidays
atc_flight_number=22
ui_manufacturer=McDonnell Douglas
ui_type=MD-11 GE[/i]
ui_variation=Euro
ui_typerole=MD-11 GE[/i]
ui_createdby=PMDG
description=McDonnell Douglas MD-11\nPMDG\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\nBoeing MD-11, McDonnell Douglas MD-11, MD-11, McDonnell Douglas & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
PMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed by PMDG \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\n
visual_damage=0
atc_heavy=1
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP

• when done, save and close the aircraft.cfg, fire up FSX and enjoy!

That's basically all it takes: you now have one EuroHolidays MD-11 with General Electric engines!

Really don't know why it would take Lufthansa technic so much time to change an engine... :>

Disclaimer: should things however go wrong, please don't come complaining to me, ok? All on own risk.

Best regards,
Stef
EHM-1242

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:30 am »
Thank you Stef!