Author Topic: The timetable revisions  (Read 4718 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
The timetable revisions
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »
Sometime last year I heard there was going to be a significant revision of the timetable to improve flight coverage on certain countries that were deprived of useful flights.

May I inquire about the status of such project? I searched for MPTO and it only has the usual MPTO-KATL route (as the only route) :(

Did the project get scratched? sorry if I missed something, I had a lengthy absence due to some urgent personal circumstances. But I am back at the hangar doing some virtual a/c maintenance.

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
The timetable revisions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:34:24 pm »
No answers :-( pity the expected revisions to latinamerican flights did not seem to have made it to the new timetable :-(

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
The timetable revisions
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:26 pm »
Didimo, I am reasonably new to the staff team however we aim to please so I will try and get this question answered, expect a reply pronto ;D

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
The timetable revisions
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:37 pm »
I don't know what the reasons are but that's true. I have sent several recommendations ever since I joined EHM but nothing happened.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
The timetable revisions
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:52 pm »
Yes, something has to be done to make flying in latinamerica appealing. There is so much to see and yet only a few routes and most are very long haul :-(

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
The timetable revisions
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:13:52 am »
Didimo/Hector,

I know you've both sent suggestions in the past, but the MT has gone through a huge change recently and those of us that remain are trying to get hold of the reins.

Can I ask/suggest you get your heads together and come up with a single suggestions document? State your case, define routes (etc) and I personally assure you that it will be implemented once we've discussed the workload involved. One thing I'll say for sure (to save you the job of thinking about it); we cannot at this time add a new hub.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
The timetable revisions
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:24:34 pm »
Murray, I will be more than glad to do that. Don't worry, Atlanta is fine.
Didimo, let's get in touch. Are you in Panama? It is possible that on my way to Suriname next Monday I will stay 4 hours in Tocumen to catch the COPA flight to Port of Spain.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
The timetable revisions
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:01 pm »
Yes I recall sending a list of suggested routes for Panama and Panama to surrounding countries. Will have to find some time for it (real life pressures...).

Murray no problem, a new hub would have been nice but Atlanta (even though it is kind of dead) does just fine provided one has routes that are not Atlanta-centric as it is now.

Hector, send me a PM to give you my email address, unfortunately we won't be able to meet at Tocumen (hum, Tocumen in Second Life? :-) because I am actually living in Europe.

anything