Author Topic: Crash - B767  (Read 4435 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Crash - B767
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:17:22 pm »
Hi
This may sound like a bit of an excuse but I am not trying to have my  penalty waived - just making my case for crashing tonight at Zurich. When I filed my crash report it seemed like, although I had touched down OK with my main undercarriage, I had allowed the front wheels to come onto the runway too fast and hard, registering a crash.  However, having just tried a practice flight from Zurich again, I am finding that there appears to be a problem with the B767 at this airport (a freeware download). The aircraft is doing strange things such as freezing the screen for long periods or the computer screen suddenly going black. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the landing registering a crash as it felt to me at the time as if I was carrying out a good landing and was quite taken aback by being told that I had crashed!  Maybe this has no connection but I just wondered.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Crash - B767
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:19 pm »
Sounds weird ! I guess when the system has a black-out many wrong calculations can happen after it came back. You should try another scenery or look through your softwares. FS needs a very reliable and stable computer environment or the fun of flying will turn into madness.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Crash - B767
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:37 am »
Hi Ian,

Try to send an email to Murray so he can check it out ...

... but, the Flight Logger only sends the crash info when your FS sends it. It's done via the FSUIPC bridge.

I would say just that you got unlucky on that case :(

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Crash - B767
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:54:09 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0948 Bruno
Hi Ian,

Try to send an email to Murray so he can check it out ...

... but, the Flight Logger only sends the crash info when your FS sends it. It's done via the FSUIPC bridge.

I would say just that you got unlucky on that case :(

Could the problem be something to do with crash detection option in FS9? i believe that some people get crash and reset problems with certain aircraft that bounce (some Poskies do this)
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Crash - B767
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 04:53:22 pm »
Hi Andy

Yes I think this could be the problem. The B767 that I was flying is a Posky model and I have experienced this bounce before with some of their aircraft -  usually after setting up the flight on FS. Now that you mention this I have crashed in the past with a posky 767 as the front wheels touch down on the runway during landing.

Ian

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Crash - B767
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:08:18 pm »
I've seen strange bouncing too (in FS9, not yet in FSX), and up to the point where an aircraft sat on ground at the gate without engines running flipped over backwards and crashed! Thankfully, I wasn't trying to fly PP at the time, and it didn't do it after FS "restarted" the flight.

It's just "one of those things"... some third-party aircraft have really strange sensitivities to certain surfaces (and don't get me started on the number that "crash" when a wing-tip comes within a dozen feet of a building, because of modelling errors)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON