Author Topic: A330-300  (Read 4734 times)

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
A330-300
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:38:12 pm »
Hi,

I have a problem with the A330-300. When I land, the front wheel sometimes goes through the ground!!
I have tried reinstalling the aircraft, but that hasnt helped. It does it at all airports and recently, it has been doing it when I start the flight and its parked at the gate/stand.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
A330-300
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:47:20 pm »
Hallo Joshua !

Please give some more details. Is it FS9 or FSX. What is the end ...  a crash maybe ? Or the wheel just simply sinks below the ground visually ?

Basically these things usually caused by scenery errors, but there can be individual cases too. The airplane was longly tested under FS9.1 and the error only appeared in some cases.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
A330-300
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 05:53:38 pm »
It is FS9, and the wheel just visually sinks below the ground. However, I have found that to stop it appearing below the ground when starting a new flight, I need to start the flight in a different plane, and then change planes before taxiing anywhere. This has worked a few times at different airports. The landing is where the wheel normally sinks!! I do not land hard (normally about 200-300ft a minute (according the FSpassengers...)), but i did one flight into saudi arabia where the wheel did not sink. FS9 does not register a crash, however, the problem is annoying, as after landing, it is impossible to taxi anywhere, so unloading of the plane usually commences on the runway!!

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
A330-300
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »
Hi Joshua.
  I have had similar experiences, and I have found 2 things that can cause this, the first is what the runway surface is made of, if the surface is Macadam then several aircraft will sink into it, the only way to cure that problem is to use the software programme AFCAD and change the runway surface to something else, on reading your posts I do not think that this is your problem as it is happening at several airports. The second thing that could possibly be your problem is the Contact Points in the Aircraft.cfg file, I altered the contact points for the nose wheel on this aircraft and carried out a few landings all with no problems. If you are happy to edit the aircraft.cfg file, this is what to alter, open the aircraft.cfg file and scroll down to the entry [contact_points] now scroll down to the line that starts point.0=  now go to the 4th set of numbers that reads -10.625 and edit this number to read -10.700 now save the file and try the aircraft again, do not increase this number much higher or the nose wheel will be floating off the ground. Hope this works for you.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
A330-300
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:41 pm »
Thanks Bruce for your help. I  will get back to you with how the contact point changes work for the aircraft, as I am currently going through all the aircraft.cfg files changing the MTOW and empty weights so that I can load passengers into the planes without FSpassengers saying the plane is overweight!!
Yes, it does take a while!!

Joshua

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
A330-300
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:43:36 pm »
Hi Bruce, changing the points has helped. Landings now mean the plane doesnt sink, however, i normally have to load the plane up twice before it actually sits on the tarmac, not a big problem, but an annoying one.

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
A330-300
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 06:13:05 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-2309 Joshua
Hi Bruce, changing the points has helped. Landings now mean the plane doesnt sink, however, i normally have to load the plane up twice before it actually sits on the tarmac, not a big problem, but an annoying one.

Same here... Basic workaround is to start with another plane (Fokker F70 for me) and only when you're sitting in the tarmac where you wanna start, load the A330