Author Topic: ProPilot Flight  (Read 3782 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
ProPilot Flight
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:49 pm »
Hi

I've just experienced a problem when trying to submit a Pirep for a ProPilot flight. This was a flight from LBSF to LSZH. Everything seemed to go according to plan but when I tried to submit my Pirep an error came up saying I had wrong password. I couldn't find a way of rectifying this. I am rather confused as I had no problem logging into Flightlogger at the start and setting up my flight that I had locked previously. Can anyone clarify why this might have happened? Also, does this mean also that I have lost my points for this flight - that had no penalties!!

Ian

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
ProPilot Flight
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:45:40 pm »
Again problems!!! I had a perfect flight today from Lisbon to Madeira using Flightlogger and ProPilot. On landing and taking all the required steps, I tried to file my pirep. No problem with the pirep at all. All the details were correct and I was able to send this but I was informed that ProPilot could not accept the flight as there was insufficient information sent. I am totally frustrated by this as I have been working hard - and mostly succeeding -  to get rid of my penalty points. I am now on the point of giving up on ProPilot!!

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
ProPilot Flight
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:38:29 am »
Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about your problems. This kind of situation typically appears when the Flight Logger - EHM server connection fails during part of the flight. In this case the appropriate ACARS don't reach the server, and this is the "missing information" the final error message refers to.

Unfortunately it's hard to tell, during the flight, when such a failure happens so it's not discovered until the end of the flight. As it is the same server that hosts the EHM web site, one way to check the connection is via this site: if pages load ok, then the connection is fine too.

Another rule of thumb is that the most important information are sent at takeoff, TOC, TOD and landing so it is a good idea to ensure the connection works at these moments.

For the next FL version a more robust approach was taken but as we talk about full rewrite, it's still far from beta...

Hope this helps
Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
ProPilot Flight
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:31:11 am »
Thanks for info, Andrei. This must have been a one-off as I have made several successfully recorded flights since. At least I will know the reason if it happens again.

Ian

anything