Author Topic: Pirep  (Read 4223 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Pirep
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:21:01 pm »
I am really having problems at the moment!! I have just noticed that I have recorded a Pirep (LPPT to LPMA) twice!! This must have happened when I was  trying to sort out an issue (unsuccessfully) with ProPilot. I am unsure how to rectify this.

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
Pirep
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:03:55 pm »
Hi Ian,

No problem normally:

Log in to your pilot profile (on top right corner of EHM homepage) and then after you have been re-directed to your profile you will see at the top a button 'Pirep Mistake Report' (or something similar). Fill it out and submit it, it's that easy.

Hey, mistake can happen to anybody, right? ;)

Although, on the other hand, there are nowadays also others in EHM who do not seem to make such a big fuzz over 'creatively submitted reports':

Too bad really, and spoiling it all for others, but happened to see one 'gentleman'(???) from hub EGLL last friday who, apparently on purpose considering that is what he appears to have been doing all along almost ever since joining EHM one month ago(!!), submitting one and the same cross atlantic flight (EHM-H1251 / TBPB-EHAM) NO LESS THEN 12 TIMES!! :@

... Talking about collecting airmiles...

Check out that particular flight and see for yourself what i mean.

We have send a mail to the hubmanager informing him of this, but for now this so-called 'colleague' seems to be still active, where in my opinion such people should be dealt with without remorse!

Anyway, i hope you can get this solved out in the corect way as described above.

Cheerio,
Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Pirep
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:26:32 am »
Hi Ian,

Indeed there is nothing to worry if you submitted your flight twice.

I admit that the Flight Logger should not allow multiple submits and it's "problem solved"... but for the next version. Personally I always check, after submitting the flight, whether it appears on the site first page under "Latest flights". If it does... case solved.

I also noticed that alongside with the "human errors" like yours (and mine, it happened to me too) there have been abuses. Stef is right and I think I know who the referenced gentleman is (and a look into his flight history would reveal even more interesting facts).

The point is that some people like flightsimming while other prefer collecting hours. It is debatable whether people in this second category upset people in the first one... but if they don't, there probably won't be any police-like ;D investigations here at EHM.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Pirep
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:28:06 am »
Thanks for support folks. While I enjoy collecting hours and positive FAC's in the course of flying, I get no pleasure out of "cheating" on this. There is, for me, a greater sense of satisfaction in knowing that what you have you have earned honestly.

I am sure this must be the attitude of most EuroHarmony pilots.

Ian

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
Pirep
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 09:07:13 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-2097 Andrei

I also noticed that alongside with the "human errors" like yours (and mine, it happened to me too) there have been abuses. Stef is right and I think I know who the referenced gentleman is (and a look into his flight history would reveal even more interesting facts).

The point is that some people like flightsimming while other prefer collecting hours. It is debatable whether people in this second category upset people in the first one... but if they don't, there probably won't be any police-like ;D investigations here at EHM.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

It has been a while, but somehow it won't let go of me. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against our 'mutual friend' personally, just the way he got where he is now (and where he apparently does not belong in my opinion, considering his 'achievements') strikes me.

I guess there are a lot of people here, including myself back when i joined EHM, who enjoy flying heavies and perhaps making those long hauls to those distant destinations. Well, tough luck: we all first had to make our hours on the smaller machines, gather experiences and all that comes with it. Before promotion one first has to earn it! All a very common and worldly process, i would dare to say.

Plus it is also stated in the EHM Flight Manual that people who (obviously) cheat are removed without exception. So, now i am asking: what is the MA going to do about this??

Am not asking for any 'police-like investigations' here at EHM, but if things are so obvious as this case is... well, then this cheater has to live with the consequences i would say (not that he would care much most likely, but still)!

And i suppose if the MA does not act here or in the future they might eventually be setting a precedence, resulting in, in worst case, more seeing an opportunity to make ATP (in order to fly their precious PMDG MD-11 or B747) by flying a B1900 from Amsterdam to Luxembourg and just filing it 250 times...

Perhaps i am just too naive, could be...

Cheerio,
Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Pirep
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:02 pm »
Stef,

We certainly understand your views on this matter which are no doubt shared by many other pilots. Without wishing to get into the specifics of any case, I will make it clear that the EHM Operations Manual is the current set of rules we all work to and, while we are laid back VA, we will not turn a blind eye to wholesale cheating.

I can assure you that any obvious case of deliberate false Pireps being submitted will be dealt with - the extra Pireps will be deleted and the pilot e-mailed for an explanation. If they do not provide one or repeat this behaviour then their account will be frozen.

EHM is a friendly and easy going VA but we will not allow pilots to break the rules blatantly in this fashion. I hope this resolves this issue suitably.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything