Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!  (Read 5315 times)

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
HELP!!!!!!!!
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:29 am »
Hi there - I need a couple of questions answering. 1. Does anyone know what the Heathrow HUB pilot's email adress is because I have forgotten it.

2. I am totally lost with Propilot. I know how to lock a flight but thats about as far as I can get. When in flight logger, when I double click an aircraft name (do I have to do that?)a window comes up saying: "unable to load aircraft. Maybe FS not running" when it is. Could someone give me the steps of doing a propilot simplified down to the basics. Also what do I do with FSUIPC??

Thanks a million!!! ;):>

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
Lewis,

Hello and welcome to the Forum ;)

For your 1st question do you mean the Heathrow Hub Manager's address? If so, try miguel (at) fly-euroharmony.com - but change this to a real e-mail address by changing the "at" to the @ symbol (we write it like this to avoid spam getting our addresses).

For your second, have you downloaded and read the ProPilot Manual and our Operations Manual as these should answer most of your questions ;)

You ask about FSUIPC - this is a module that allows Flight Logger (and many other programs) to communicate with FS and is an essential addon. If you have it, make sure it is in the 'Modules' folder in your FS main folder. If you haven't got it, or to get the latest version, go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson to download it. If FSUIPC isn't in the right place, the Flight Logger can't work with FS!

If you still have problems, post again and we'll try to talk you through it all ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 03:45:40 pm »
Hi Lewis,

Let me add a few details to Dom's explanations...

1. Propilot flights require using the FlightLogger, but the FlightLogger is not only useful for Propilot Flights. For any flight, it provides a way to record the flight and submit it immediately, instead of submitting a PIREP form only and depend on MT validation :)

2. In the folder where the FlightLogger installs, you can find a PDF manual that explains much of its functions.

3. You must have the FSUIPC module properly installed when you start the FlightLogger for the first time, in order to have it "locate" where the FS is installed. Otherwise you will keep getting the "Can't connect to FS" message.

4. When downloading FSUIPC, pay attention to the versions because there is always a "FSX current" and a "Fs9 current".

5. When you have everything up and running, AND a Propilot flight locked, DO NOT choose this flight in the FlightLogger. Instead, use the "ProPilot" button on the timetable page, which will automatically pick your locked flight.

6. I am not sure about this one but it's possible that you cannot use FlightLogger as long as you don't have your definitive (all-digits) EHM ID. From my beginnings two years ago I remember recording my first ever EHM flight by web form PIREP. But again, I may be wrong on this one...

Hope this helps

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:59:05 pm »
Hi - How do I know if it's a FS9 or FSX FSUIPC? How will I know its connected with FS? So first I lock the flight, then I go onto my FSX, I load the flight, go onto flightlogger, press propilot and when I finsh what do I do? Also, how will I know that flight logger has recorded my flight and how can I view my results. Also, do I have to load the exact plane for that flight or can i just use the same model an according to the flight, it will register its movement? Does the flight have to be on the right day?

Sorry to keep bothering you!!! Thanks for the help!!! ;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 09:33:20 pm »
Lewis,

Have a look at the manuals Andrei and I have suggested, they contain explanations of most of the questions you have (and many more!) ;)

1. When you go to the FSUIPC download page I linked to above, there are separate sections marked up for the version of FS you use, which looks like FSX according to your post.
2. If you don't get the "not connected" message it's a good bet that Flight Logger is connected.
3. Go through the actions you have listed and when you finish the flight and shut down your engines the flight report will be automatically sent to us and recorded on your profile - it's automatic ;)
4. To view how your flight went, log into your ProPilot profile and click on the line that shows the flight you just did, it will show you the flight statistics.
5. You need to select a specific plane (identified by tail number) from the planes available where you are flying from in ProPilot, BUT when you load up FS just make sure you have the right model of plane, it does not have to show the exact tail number.
6. You can fly on any day or time you wish but you should preferably set up the simulator so it is at the right time and correct day of the week for realism.

Most important of all, have fun :)

(And try not to crash - we recommend you fly ProPilot flights only in planes you feel comfortable flying and are confident landing ;D)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:09:24 pm »
Thankyou very much.;);););););):>:>:>:>:>