Author Topic: Fleet and Pilot ID  (Read 5284 times)

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Fleet and Pilot ID
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:05:46 am »
Hi - I am having trouble downloading aircraft onto FS2004. I have FSX as well. Will this affect it. Also, I have completed my first flight and didn't realise about my new pilot ID. Is there any way to quit Euroharmony so I can retry later???:%

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:04:01 pm »
Lewis,

Please give us a little more detail about your problem - how are you having trouble with aircraft downloads? Do you get an error message when downloading or a problem when installing? Do the aircraft show up in Flight Simulator? Be as detailed as possible and that will help us to help you ;)

Similarly, what do you mean about quitting and trying later? Has your new ID caused you a problem? If you mean your EHM Forum ID that should get changed very soon by the technical team to your permanent pilot ID.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:52 am »
Hi - when go to the fleet page, and click on a 2004 download button, I press save. Because I have 2 FS games, I'm not sure where I should put it. When I have complete the install, sometimes it doesn't complete successfully and I don't know why. When I load up FS2004, it isn't there.

I am still using my my Pilot ID despite finishing my first flight. How can get it changed to my new ID? By quitting, I mean leaving Euroharmony and starting fresh. This is mainly because of the pilot ID so I will not make the same mistake.

Thanks

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:12:32 pm »
Lewis,

When you want to save one of our downloads, you can save it anywhere, so for instance you could save it to the Desktop or some people create a special folder on their C drive called "Downloads" so they know where everything is. Then, once the download has finished, you need to go to wherever you saved it (the desktop or your new "Downloads" folder and then double click on the icon for that plane. A box will open and you need to click on Next and install the plane in your Flightsim.

For FS2004 this will normally be:-  C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9

For FSX I'm not sure as I don't have it!

As long as you follow this guide, the plane will appear under EuroHarmony (or EuroHarmony v4) in your Aircraft selection window (in FS2004).

As for your pilot ID, this should change automatically - I'll ask one of our Technical Team to look at this and see what your permanent ID is and then we can change your Forum ID to match so you won't have to leave, ok?

So just give us a short time to sort out these details and then you'll be good to go :8
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 05:51:34 pm »
Thanks for helping!;)

P.S When you sort out my pilot ID, could you notify me? Also, will I have to enter my new pilot ID into euroharmony login or can I carry on using my current one?

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »
Lewis,

We'll let you know what the new ID is and once it's set up you'll need to use it from then on for all logins ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:55 pm »
Don't mean to be rude, but when are you going to let me know?

Also, how?e.g Email, post reply.

;) :> :8 :)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 05:33:49 am »
Lewis,

You are now pilot EHM-2449 on the flights database - your Forum ID will change too within a couple of days and we will e-mail you to let you know so that you can log in with your new Forum ID of EHM-2449 Lewis.

I'm sorry to see you have crashed on ProPilot - please send me an e-mail to dominic (at) fly-euroharmony.com and tell me what happened so we can see if there is some way to learn from what happened ;)

Thanks!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Fleet and Pilot ID
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 10:13:04 am »
Lewis, your Pilot ID issue is sorted (something went screwy with you and another new pilot and you both got the same permanent pilot ID. The other pilot emailed me directly and we assigned him a new ID by way of fixing the problem.)

As for your forum ID, as Dom says, I'll process that change and email you.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON