Author Topic: Propilot PIREP problem  (Read 4519 times)

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Propilot PIREP problem
« on: April 06, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »
Hey guys - after successfully finishing my propilot flight, I went to the Flight Logger and it had recorded all the details except take-off and landing time. It said N/A. When I pressed submit PIREP numerous errors came up. I need to know how to change the report so that i can enter Take off and landing times.

Also, do you need to press the propilot button on the logger because I didn't and it still recorded it.

Cheers and thanks:8

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Propilot PIREP problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:11:48 pm »
Lewis,

To record a ProPilot flight you must press the ProPilot button, this is how you let the logger and system know that it should record this as a PP flight. If you don't the flight will still be recorded but can only be submitted as a normal flight. I'm not sure why it didn't record take-off or landing time - was there anything unusual about the flight? Please tell us what flight it was and we can look into this more. What specific errors came up?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
Propilot PIREP problem
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:17:32 am »
Flight number 1011. Jersey - Cardiff. I think I may know why it didn't record take off time. I had shut down my engines and applied parking brakes, so I minimized FS and tried to load Flight logger. It didn't load saying: Run time error 3709. The connection cannot be used to peform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context. So then, I went back onto FS, saved the flight and rebooted my computer. When I got back on, I loaded Flight logger successfully, then FS, and as soon as I got on to my flight it said: Log started at (time).

Hope you can make sense of all this!;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Propilot PIREP problem
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:20:51 pm »
Lewis,

Do you have your FS2004 set up so that the plane starts with engines on or off? Flight Logger starts as soon as the engines start so if the flight starts with them running and Flight Logger is already on it will start recording straight away.

As for the runtime error please have a look at these threads:-

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5129#pid40214

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4013

and let us know if that helps...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything