Author Topic: FSUIPC  (Read 7636 times)

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
FSUIPC
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:37:12 am »
Hi - Does anyone know how to install FSUIPC 2004. Whenever I try to install it, a window comes up saying it is invalid. It is a compressed zip file.

Thanks

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FSUIPC
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:43:20 am »
Hi Lewis
 You only need to extract the FSUIPC.dll file into your FS 2004 Modules folder, and all should work fine.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
FSUIPC
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:05:11 pm »
Hi - is it possible to have two FSUIPCs for two flight simulators? (FSX and FS2004)

Also, the DLL file isn't showing, and after following the user guide's instructions, it still didn't show. Any ideas?

Thanks;)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
FSUIPC
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:18 pm »
Hi Lewis,

What do you mean by "not showing"? If you get any errors unzipping the archive (which I assume you have the proper tool for), then you should consider downloading it again.

If the download seems to complete but VERY quickly, it is generally a sign it did not work (even if you don't get an error message).

And to answer your other question, it is indeed possible to have two versions of FS, each one with its own FSUIPC installed on the same PC. I am using this configuration but... in this case you should also install FlightLogger twice, in two different folders, and make sure one works with FS2004 and the other with FSX.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
FSUIPC
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »
Hi Andrei,

What do you mean with "install FLogger two times"??

All FLogger does is pick-up and read the FSUIPC generated data-stream, and whether this comes from the FS9 FSUIPC (ver 3.xx) or from the FSX FSUIPC (ver 4.xx and up) does not matter in my opinion.

Ok, what you can't do is run both FS'es at the same time. That would indeed require two FLoggers. Then again, suppose if you would want that you have other problems to worry about... ;)

Albeit via WideFS, i have only one FLogger which works perfectly well with both FS9 and FSX. Never had any need to change or modify anything in that respect.

Just my opinion...

Cheers,
Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
FSUIPC
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 08:09:10 pm »
Hi Andrei,

I mean, after I have saved the FS9 version of FSUIPC, when I go into it, the DLL file doesn't show. Included in the FSUIPC file, there is a text document saying "if the DLL file doesn't show, follow the user guide".

I did this and still nothing happened.

Thanks ;)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
FSUIPC
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 08:24:25 pm »
This may sound an obvious indication, but better state it than suffer :)

If your folder options are set to "Hide known file extensions", you will not see the ".dll" part, only a file that seems to be named "FSUIPC".

Turning off this options (in Tools/folder options) is the first thing I am doing on any Windows installation I lay my hands on ;D

Andrei

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
FSUIPC
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1242 Stef
Albeit via WideFS, i have only one FLogger which works perfectly well with both FS9 and FSX.

This is interesting.

My idea was that FL creates some local data storage. This is certainly true as far as airport data are concerned, and I thought there may be other data too - which may not match exactly between the two FSs.

But your configuration (working well) suggests that these differences are marginal enough to ignore - in FL3.

To unveil a small corner of my plans, in FL4 there will probably be only one installation but definitely two distinct sets of local data. And this is possibly why I assumed the same must be true in FL3 :)

Thanks for the info anyway.

Andrei

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
FSUIPC
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:06:40 am »
Hi - Thanks for the help on finding the DLL ( I have found it) but when I try to load, it aborts. First FS2004 load up screen comes up and then it says something like "the action has been aborted"???

Sorry to bother you... again!

Lewis ;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
FSUIPC
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »
Lewis,

Please confirm that you have placed the FSUIPC.dll file into the Flight Simulator 9 / Modules folder? I'm not sure why FS9 should shut down while loading unless something is in the wrong place...

Could you give us a run down of your PC system specs too - Operating System, CPU, memory, graphics card - all that stuff as sometimes this can indicate avenues for investigation when having technical problems ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2449 Lewis

• Taxi and hold
FSUIPC
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »
Hi - When I click on the download button, I press save. Where do I save it or does it not matter. Then I extract all into my modules folder and then when I double click onto the DLL file it says something like " file is corrupt or can't be found. The only option is to abort.

I've upgraded my computer so it's got pretty good specs.

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512
Total Physical Memory   3.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory   6.20 GB
465GB Local disk -C drive

I hope this is enough ;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
FSUIPC
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 07:01:37 pm »
That's all ok until you said that you double-click on the DLL file - you don't need to open it, just as long as it's in your FS2004 / Modules folder it should work fine ;) And it doesn't matter where you save it as long as you can extract it to the Modules folder.

So once it's in there (and making sure it's the right version for FS2004 or FSX) try loading the simulator and see if it works ok. The Flight Logger should now be able to 'talk' to FS2004 and get all the information it needs for your flights :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management