Author Topic: F1 ATR 75-500  (Read 4447 times)

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
F1 ATR 75-500
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »
Hi mates,

has anyone of you experiences how the Flight One ATR 72-500 and the MCP Advanced Auto Pilot (GoFlight) work together?

Kind regards

Manuel
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
F1 ATR 75-500
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:37:18 pm »
Hi Manuel,

I don't know about the GoFlight  AP product, but be aware that the ATR does not have an autothrottle. Thus airspeed is pitch controlled for a given throttle position.
If you want a higher IAS than possible in level flight with the current throttle setting, you will start to descend!
The other way around, if you set a flight level, but leave your throttle near idle, you are bound to pitch up too much, and eventually stall.

So I think (but as said, I do not "know") you need to somehow exclude throttle control from this AP product, or you might experience some unpredictable results.

Safe landings!
Eric-Jan
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
F1 ATR 75-500
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:50:17 am »
I don't specifically know the GF MCP, but if it's anything like my FDS one, leave the auto-throttle alone and you'll be fine.

For most MCP/AP implementations, the hardware merely controls whatever the plane model provides you with, so as long as the model AP has no throttle control, your MCP certainly won't (although it can be really fun to dial in M5.5 on a Cessna 172... It's just show, but it always makes me giggle like a little girl :D)

Assuming the ATR model uses the standard FS mechanisms, you should be good to control those AP functions that match on the GF MCP. Have you tried looking on the GF/Flight1 websites/forums?
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
F1 ATR 75-500
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:46:15 pm »
Hi Eric-Jan, Hi Murray,

thank you very much for your answers.
There are no topics like that in both forums.
Perhaps there will be even the option to swicht the autothrottle off in the control sofware, too.
Perhaps I will buy the GF MCP next month and then I will tell you.

Murray, perhaps you could tune your Cessna up like Tim Tayler of "Home Improvement" would do. Then your M5.5 could be possible ;D
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

anything