Author Topic: Tours  (Read 3267 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Tours
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:28:42 pm »
Hi

I need some help/advice. I am currently starting out on the Portugese Tour. The recommendation for the VFR legs of the tour is to use the Beechcraft B1900D aircraft. However, when I try to get this set up on Flightlogger, this particular aircraft does not appear on the list to choose from. Is there a way round this or do I have to put in a manual PIREP for these flights?
Another question - Is it OK to use one of the Business Division aircraft eg the PC-12 Exec instead of the beechcraft (although the PC-12 doesn't appear on the list either!!)?

Ian

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Tours
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »
Hi Ian,

First, using the PC12 instead of the B1900D is OK as the latter is mentioned as "best choice" not mandatory aircraft. What matters is to remain within or close to the same aircraft class.

Then, the aircraft selection in tours is a known issue in FL3 but one that has an easy workaround:
- Select the aircraft FIRST (while the flight selection indicator is still blinking red)
- Select the flight (while the aircraft selection indicator is already steady green)
- Ignore the aircraft mismatch warning blinking near the tp of the screen
- Enjoy the flight, of course...

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Tours
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 03:35:20 pm »
Thanks Andrei.