Author Topic: much irritation  (Read 5114 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
much irritation
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:16:02 pm »
I just tried to reply to a topic (MD11  panel)and was advising the poster(who wanted other complex panels to try)to have a go with the Project BAE Panel which i believe comes as standard with the Eurocargo 146 this particular panel IMHO is much harder to master than even the excellent Alain Capt one for the MD11.However when I came to post I found that I had not logged into the forums,however after I had logged in I then found that my painstaking reply had vanished.This is very irritating especially as I usually copy a forum post just in case but forgot to this time :$ is there a way of retrieving a vanished post in these cases?
PS I think it would be a good idea if fleet planes that use these complex panels should also have links to easier versions as well for newer simmers(Targon Unutmaz's BAE panel which i have used for ages and will still use when i want a less
stressful flight for instance).
Just a thought
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
much irritation
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »
Hello Andrew,

It is hard to find the optimal way, because the most times pilots would like to fly as real as possible with freeware planes.

No problem if you like an easier panel. If you know your favourite panel and it is installed on your FS config you need to do this small thing:

- copy the whole panel folder of the installed panel under your EHM aircraft to a different name, like Panel.MY
- then open the EHM aircraft's aircraft.cfg file with a text editor and modify the row "panel=" into "Panel=MY" and save it
- this way the game will load the Panel.MY folder instead of the default (complicated) panel

;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
much irritation
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 05:16:05 pm »
Hello Robert
Its not a problem for me.I use both the Alain Capt and also BAE project panel (still learning my way round that one),but I thought it would be good for newer members to Euroharmony and to simming in general to be able to select  some simpler less intimidating  panels so that they can at least fly the models without having to have almost  the knowledge of an airliner pilot to get going.As there skill increases they can then graduate  to the more complex  panels.This is how I have learned to improve all my simming skills over time.
cheers to you
Andy :>

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
much irritation
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 05:51:00 pm »
Andy

Re: your lost post, unfortunately there's no way to recover it in this forum software; as far as the forum software is concerned it never existed because you weren't logged in (authentication required before it can write to the back-end database...) Effectively, it only existed in the memory of your computer. It's possible that had you used your browser back button immediately after being told you needed to login, you might just have recovered it (hint for the future).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
much irritation
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 06:08:02 pm »
Thanks Murray
I shall try to remember next time.I usually copy(clipboard) forum posts whoever there for but forgot this time.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
much irritation
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 07:08:33 pm »
I do not know why the BAe panel is a good substitution, as it is 4 engine panel, while the MD11 is a tri-jet. I remember in the early days I used generic panels. You may still can find those - general twin-jet, tri-set etc. panels on the regular download sources.

Although I have to say, that the more sophisticated panels can handle other rules - these can handle aircraft systems that are built into the model. For example a PMDG or PSS, or LevelD airplane is standing at that quality, because the panel software handles the aircraft systems too. The panel can incorporate in many ways with the visual model and with the flight dynamics. Therefore it is the best to have the adviced panel with the given visual model and dynamics to have an unbeatable trio ;D

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
much irritation
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
Robert
I think some points are being lost in translation but this is why I remain loyal to this VA we are all learning.
Good evening to you.
Andy :]

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
much irritation
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:17 am »
Errr, I see now ;D Sorry.

anything