Author Topic: Doing Tours  (Read 3479 times)

Offline EHM-2467 Dale

• Taxi and hold
Doing Tours
« on: May 21, 2009, 02:38:49 pm »
I wanted to start and do the Sweden Tour today but unfortunately it says that you have to use the VFA aircraft.  I have looked at these and I cant find any that are for FSX.  So, I cant do the tour.

Is there any discompsation for people who run FSX and not FS2002/FS2004 as I would really like to do the tour and others that are there eventually.

Cheers

Dale

P.S

Could I use an aircraft that I use for my Class 3 flights?  (ATR 72-500)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Doing Tours
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »
FSX dispensation you say - the VA official "I used to be called President" line for FSX users (being one myself) is this:

* for VFA Tours, pilots are permitted to substitute an equivalent performance aircraft for any of the VFA fleet - FSX has the C182 and Baron 58, and there are any number of payware small SEP/DEPs out there (FSD International) to satiate the requirements of all our small plane tours. I'm particularly fond of the FSD C337 as a B58/Seneca equivalent.

* for IFR tours, you should be good with FSX default aircraft at most classes, but again there are plenty of payware aircraft out there.

* in all cases, indicate the aircraft used at the top of the pilot notes, and what aircraft you were using it in place of. Since the VFA fleet has never had a real "identity" insofar as painting goes, don't let the fact you're not using the VFA paint scheme on your chosen bird bother you.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2467 Dale

• Taxi and hold
Doing Tours
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 03:09:31 pm »
Cool, ta.