Author Topic: Navigation  (Read 3691 times)

EHM-1459 Jonny

Navigation
« on: August 14, 2004, 05:32:39 am »
How can I follow jet or victor airways or track intersection without using the GPS? Or is it even possible?

Thanks a million,
Jonny

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Navigation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 10:41:26 am »
You should have printed flight maps, or use FSNAV.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-0240 Joe

Navigation
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:24:21 pm »
Yeah FSNav is a great tool, I have started using it all of the time when I fly online. The only problem is that it says you can only use it something like 20 times before 'registering' (paying loads of money). I haven't got to that stage yet though so I can't be sure about what happens. http://www.fsnavigator.com/

Something else I use to help me find the right waypoints to enter into FS Navigator was a route finder that I came across on the IVAO-CH division website. I'm sure other things like this exist but this is the one I use. http://www.ivao.org/ch It's under the services menu.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Navigation
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:54:20 pm »
Originally posted by Joe Darby
Yeah FSNav is a great tool, I have started using it all of the time when I fly online. The only problem is that it says you can only use it something like 20 times before 'registering' (paying loads of money). I haven't got to that stage yet though so I can't be sure about what happens. http://www.fsnavigator.com/

Something else I use to help me find the right waypoints to enter into FS Navigator was a route finder that I came across on the IVAO-CH division website. I'm sure other things like this exist but this is the one I use. http://www.ivao.org/ch It's under the services menu.

There's a great tool for pilots in the UK that uses the AIS routes (ie, the real UK routes that real pilots are supposed to use). It's called UKRoute 2000 and can be downloaded here (you'll need to be a VATSIM member and you have to register for an account... I may start mirroring them but don't know if I can be aresed...) It's also available from AvSim, but again, you need to register for an account.

Don't forget to download the latest AIRAC cycle for it too.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Navigation
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 09:11:48 am »
Does the tool help you to plan more realistic flight plans outside of the UK? Like say following Airways and such but not necessarily those flown by real planes
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Navigation
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 04:43:17 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0962
Does the tool help you to plan more realistic flight plans outside of the UK? Like say following Airways and such but not necessarily those flown by real planes

The routefinder on the IVAO-CH page does very realistic routes - it's capable of taking notice of one-way airways and all sorts of other niceness like that. That routefinder is actually hosted somewhere else and linked inside the frame.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Navigation
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 08:44:08 am »
I'm refering to the UKRoute 2000 tool.......does it only plan realistic flights within the UK or all over the world? And how do i apply the routes created by the IVAO_CH page into FS?
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training