Author Topic: Beauty of FSX  (Read 6470 times)

Offline EHM-0975 Ragnar

• Ready for take-off
Beauty of FSX
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:20:43 pm »
Since noone else has picked up the gauntlet yet, and I have a new rig giving me access to settings I could only dream of before...

Most of my flying is currently being done 'down under' (see GAAR 2010 thread). However I couldn't resist going flying in the snowstorm over Scandinavia the other week. I ended up at Tromsø (wayyy north in Norway) and found a glimpse of sunlight(!).

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: Beauty of FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:07:35 pm »
What a fantastic and moody shot Ragnar, certainly shows off the lighting effects FSX is capable of! Have you got any more to share?

Is that default scenery too?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:21:29 pm »
Brilliant!

I can't wait for the new box I have on order now; should be in in a week or 2 (PC shop said I had extravagant requirements ???)

If I set the sliders to the right on my current machine in that scenery, I would get about 3 fps  ;D  :P
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0975 Ragnar

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:58:37 pm »
I have installed the 'Airports of Norway' and 'Norway Scenic X' available on http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/fsx/scenery/europa/norge.html
The first only changes the airport, the latter modifies landclass, coastlines and other water (rivers etc).

Also I use ActiveSky Advanced for weather, don't know if it changes the cloud textures or anything...

I only got these shots, taken within a few seconds of each other, I thought it was quite funny to have sun on one side of the plane and the moon and some stars visible on the other side. They're taken close to the Swedish/Norwegian border close to the northern tip of Sweden.

More to follow once I fly a bit more.  ;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:32:18 am »
I'll definitely try out those sceneries, thanks. And I love the new pictures - what a contrast!  :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management