Author Topic: Requests for repaints  (Read 28517 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Requests for repaints
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »
Since there has been (up to now) not very many people repainting aircraft for our fleet to this point, there's been little point in having a thread like this. However, now Stef Kallis is chewing through payware aircraft like they are going out of fashion ;) I thought it might be helpful to let those of you that have a particular model you would like to see painted to get in contact with the talented folks like Stef and Robert who are able to carry out such works.

First off, a request from Andrei (in the MT) that was effectively mis-posted in our MT forum...

I know this is not a "request for repaints" forum, but there is a particular repaint I have been waiting for very, very long, so if it's technically feasible please consider it too: the Feelthere Airbus (aka "Volume 1") A318 in our EHB livery.

Andrei
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:56:32 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0975 Ragnar

• Ready for take-off
Re: Requests for repaints
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:05 am »
Hmmm, I have something I'd like to ask for...  ;)

AI planes. (mainly for the divisions)
I have a collection of models and paintkits and stuff that I could email if someone is willing to take on the job.  :)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:52:02 pm »
My only problem with AI is they block a lot of gates. "Unfortunately" at my EHM hubs, the sight is full with blue tailed "feathered" aircraft :) But the idea is good basically.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:54:20 pm by EHM-1001 Robert »

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:23 am »
I agree, and the idea has come with me before as well.

However it is not the AI planes which are the problem, it's the AI schedule: as Robert already stated the EHM AI planes cover up an entire airport because of the huge timetable (which, admitted, is not based on "x aircraft flying y routes" like real life).

What i mean with that is that there is little logic in our timetable, and therefore it would be a GIANT puzzle to find aircraft which 'have the time free' to perform multiple flights per day. In real life, for example, a B737 may make, say 8 or 10 flights in and out per day (and perhaps even more? Don't know) to multiple destinations and back. Due to the fact that basically this logic in our timetable is not there, it would mean that to depict each flight (to and from a destination) a separate AI aircraft must be spawned. Ok, there may be some obvious flights which *can* be combined, but still it would leave you with perhaps two or threehundert % (if not more!) more aircraft then we actually have flying around = clogging up the airports in FS.

In order to offer the variety of flights EHM is offering in it's timetable (if it would be real we would definately be the biggest airline with the by far largest network in the world for sure!) it has to be sacrificed that the timetable is not based on 'real aircraft flying real flights' as this would be impossible.

The reason why such projects as World of AI (for example) can project such nice AI traffic is that their basis is real world airlines with real existing timetables. They can keep it real, which we can't i'm afraid (unless, as mentioned, we alter the EHM timetable accordingly and in doing so loose 3/4 of the presently scheduled flights).

A logical and real-life viable timetable has been sacrificed for an imaginary timetable offering a huge variety of flights where we can all normally always find a flight which suits us best or is most to our liking. I think the present timetable as it is today is most appealing to our VA pilots (i know it is for me). Unfortunately however it is (almost) impossible to convert this imaginary timetable into an AI timetable without swamping the airports in FS with EHM AI traffic for reasons mentioned above...

Cheers,
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-0975 Ragnar

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:29:01 am »
Maybe I should mention that I have built my own AI trafic schedule as well....

The downloadeble AI schedule is 202 planes (main division only)
My AI schedule is 322 planes, including all divisions.
KATL hub traffic is not included, for some reason I forgot.
MRAI released their program to build AI plans from airline schedules, thats what I used to get started, to do it manually with our confused schedules would have taken years.  :D

EGLL, EHAM, LGAV do not generally overflow (also using all WoAI packages at the same time) when using real-life AFCADs. The main things needed are to add EHM to the same spots as the main national carrier (KLM spots in EHAM, BAE spots in EGLL, etc) and to add few small cargo spots for the Shorts-360 and RJ-100s. I do think more tinkering was needed in LSZH. ESSA has problems, since it's such a small airport compared to the others, but it is possible to work around them. LPPT I honestly don't remember, I don't think I spent too much time working on that (since I rarely fly to Iberia myself).

I took some screenshots from 'my' ESSA after playing with the AFCAD in FS9, those screenshots are taken at the time of the week most aircrafts are sitting there - traffic never get worse then that, during daytime the airport looks normal, just a handful bluetails.

I'll be happy to provide my AFCADs and flightplans to a new AI package, though I'm in the process of redoing the AFCADs (ADE) since I switched to FSX. I still have the FS9 ones, but they are 'as is' since I don't currently have a working FS9 installation.

Of course there are way too many flights to be 'real', but I - and I don't think I'm alone - really like to have it this way - rather overcrowded airports then empty.

Only thing I'm asking for is repaints of the AI planes for the divisions, since they are missing today - or if noone wants to do it, permission and access to the base files so I can do it myself. Otherwise I'll have to keep having those ugly versions  seen in the screenies. :)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 12:53:04 pm »
Unfortunately, as Stef mentioned, we have much more flights than aircraft that could fly those. Speaking about number of aircraft means the Fleet size mentioned on the Fleet download page. Basically, in the good old days the Fleet size matched with available flights. But again, not in high classes...

As mentioned, EHM owns 12 Class1 aircraft. This means (momentary forgetting KATL) 2 per HUB, which is not so many, but quite real when you check available Class1 flights. Schedule of these aircrafts is not really tight - I also do not remember if I ever seen an EHM-AI Beech 1900 anywhere, because they are always flying somewhere. The situation is getting worse with higher classes, and terrible at Class7. We have (momentary forgetting A380) 60 Class7 heavies, but if I remember well I once calculated we would need almost 200 to cover all available flights in the timetable.

All these means, EHM B747s and A330s and A320s are blocking the gates, if the AI timetable matches with our real timetable. It does not look so bad at EHAM, where there are a lot of KLM planes. It does not look so bad at EGLL, where there are a lot of BA planes. But I use very dense AFCAD files, and I do not have a clear spot neither at Heathrow, neither at Amsterdam, nor at Lisbon. If I think around 1/3 or 1/4 of EHM planes should be there, certainly there would be empty gates for other AI, or being really empty. On the other hand, does not matter how accurate AFCADs I have for smaller airfields, EHM planes never pops up there, even if there are flights to that airport.

So, afterall HUBs are overcrowded, but small airfields are empty with this "unreal" AI timetable. The size of the timetable is a little bad for AI flights, but really nice for us, the pilots. It would be really nice if you could provide your AI timetable, because it is a huge task to make it, regardless the reality level.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 05:47:28 pm »
Hello All
As this is a request for paints post,i thought i would ask this.A Euroharmony paint for the A320 and 318 Elite on the Project Airbus model.I don't no why, but IFDG Airbuses always have poor performance(frame rate)on my PC, however i have no problems with the PAs buses for some reason.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
I really like the repaint for the Digital Aviation Fokker 100, by the way I'm not sure if is possible to use the EHM F70 repaint ???, because in DA the EHM F70 is very nice :)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:42 am »
I've got the Digital Aviation EHM F-70 up and running.
PM me if you have any troubles setting it up, I would be happy to help you out if I can :)

And yes, a similar repaint of the F-100 would be very nice! It'll be a pain to get the feathers aligned nicely over the engines, like in the F-70 paint... :o
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:03 am »
Thanks E-J. First of all I've to read the manual's. By the way the DA is more complicated than the Project Fokker Jetline ???

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 11:51:26 am »
Aah, those feathers on the DA Fokker 70... Still gives me nightmares even thinking about it!  ;)

Was still always planning to do the DA Fokker 100 as well, however hoping that on that one i would have sufficient space between the trailing edge of the wing and the engine nacelles to be able to place the EHM feathers in-between. Never really got to it to investigate though... (have also a life beside repainting EHM aircraft, and unfortunately have had very little time at all to spend on repaints lately. For this reason also it has been pretty quiet from my side lately  :( )

If the feather-'problem' can be easily solved (one way or another) then the DA Fokker 100 shouldn't take too much time. Let's wait and see, ok?

None the less however, have a bit of a surprise in store maybe later tonight (as announced in different forum-post), and hope after that will be able to produce some more in days/weeks to come.

Aloha,
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-2381 Ted

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:54 pm »
Just out of curiosity....and motivated by my getting the Flight 1 ATR72-500 (FSX version) as a holiday gift...how difficult a job is it to get a EuroHarmony paint for it?

**edit**I see there is a repaint for the 2004 version....does that also work for the FSX model?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:06:42 pm by Ted Au »

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »
Hi Ted,

Nope, it wont work. The paintjob in FSX is "flipped" compared to the FS9 job. My brother can explain it much better.

I've seen  :o his surprise btw, looks stunning. Real worth waiting for.

greetz
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 06:08:21 pm »
... Nope, it wont work. The paintjob in FSX is "flipped" compared to the FS9 job. My brother can explain it much better. ...

Actually, looking at the texture folder I see only so-called "Extended Bitmap" files, which are read correctly by both FS9 and FSX. You will get no bump maps, but higher frame rates than with the FSX specific DDS or DXT5 textures.
I would give it a try, Ted. If it all looks rubbish, because it had to be flipped after all, then drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help out.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »
I ported the Flight 1 ATR72-500 EHM colours to FSX years ago, but I don't think I still have the files.

I don't remember it being major work porting it to FSX, so as Eric says, give a shout if you have trouble, and if not, then send Dom the fixed FSX repaint files.

Might just be a case of rotating / flipping the image as mentioned.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2381 Ted

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:15 pm »
Actually, looking at the texture folder I see only so-called "Extended Bitmap" files, which are read correctly by both FS9 and FSX. You will get no bump maps, but higher frame rates than with the FSX specific DDS or DXT5 textures.
I would give it a try, Ted. If it all looks rubbish, because it had to be flipped after all, then drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help out.

So basically I should just download the FS9 version of the paint and see what happens/go from there?

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 09:48:36 pm »
Yep, just follow the readme.txt inside the download (allowing for a slightly different folder structure under FSX)
If it shows up in the aircraft selection list, you have done that part right :)

Then, if the textures are all mangled up, like this one:
, gimme a PM ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2463 Jonathan

• Gear up
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 05:12:08 pm »
Hi all,

Just saw this posting and wanted to let you know that I matched the FS9 repaint for the ATR72-500 to the FSX version without any problem.  It worked without having to fiddle about at all.

Thanks
Jonathan

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:36 pm »
If the feather-'problem' can be easily solved (one way or another) then the DA Fokker 100 shouldn't take too much time. Let's wait and see, ok?

None the less however, have a bit of a surprise in store maybe later tonight (as announced in different forum-post), and hope after that will be able to produce some more in days/weeks to come.

Thanks Stef, any news... could be for holidays...

Thanks again :)

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:37 pm »
Sorry guys, but somehow things seem to be cursed here: haven't had any holiday from work the last... 9 months, so the company 'forces' me to take some holiday. Fine (or actually not really, but that is my personal thing), so what happens when one has the prospect two weeks of?? You may have guessed it: I got down sick somehow...  :( Don't know what happened, but somehow my stomach doesn't want to calm down and settle into it's usual behaviour. Have been like this since Tuesday and therefore wasn't able (nor had any desire) to fly and make some screenies to show.

Don't worry. It's all there and it's not going anywhere. Just looking for some time to spare in which i'm feeling well enough.

None the less, kind of feel like being experimental today, so see if i can figure this whole 'click thumbnail, show picture in post'-thing out, just so i can show you at least something (albeit on the ground only...):

In doing so, let me present you (drumroll...  ;D ): a completely re-done, new, LevelD Boeing 767-300ER with winglets!

This was my project for the past few days and hope you like it. And yes, it's an FSX version only at the moment (however it should not necessarily pose a problem to port her back to FS9. Or so i think).

Sorry, would also preffer to have it any other way but because of my present situation it seems to be the best i can do right now (yeah, am already really looking forward to my next holiday... >:( ).

Cheers,
Stef

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »
That repaint looks lovely Stef - nice touch with the added 'greener' title ;)

Enjoy your holiday  :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 09:10:27 pm »
Hello,

This repaint works fine in both FSX and(!) FS9.
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-2381 Ted

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 12:15:00 am »
Hi all,

Just saw this posting and wanted to let you know that I matched the FS9 repaint for the ATR72-500 to the FSX version without any problem.  It worked without having to fiddle about at all.

Thanks
Jonathan

Just as an FYI I got the repaint working with the F1 ATR.

Be aware however when pasting in the required segments of the aircraft config file the sim/revision need to be changed as well to FSX.

Specifically:

2 - Edit Aircraft.cfg located there:

Look at the text, locate the last [fltsim.X] block, and add after it the following block :

[fltsim.X]
title=v4EHM-ATR75-FL1
sim=ATR72-500_2k4v5.3

The bold bit needs the change to FSX. I just copied the line from the generic F1 skin and it works fine.

Offline EHM-2381 Ted

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 08:52:16 pm »
Hi again,

After noticing that hour-wise I am quite close to being able to fly the aircraft for EuroHarmony might I request a Quality Wings 757-200 EuroHolidays repaint for FSX please?

Cheers

Ted

p.s. Yes I got me a jet and its excellent  ;)
p.p.s Should look at adding the 757-200F to the cargo fleet at some point as a suggestion.

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 09:30:59 pm »
I've heard good things about the QW 757.

Would be great to see a repaint of that.

I've picked up some payware which (after the NG Website is launched) I'll hopefully take a crack at (CLS MD81/82, Aerosoft AirbusX, Just Flight A318), but I don't have the Quality Wings aircraft (yet). I do have the Captain Sim 757 but it's a frame rate killer and probably best suited to FS2004 where frames are higher.

A good request there Ted.

I see there's a QW Bae146 (yay) and 787 in the works (no 787 in our fleet yet of course).
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

anything