Author Topic: The future of commercial aviation ? ... test her in FS !  (Read 3988 times)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
The future of commercial aviation ? ... test her in FS !
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:22:55 am »
Some days ago it appeared in the virtual skies: the Boeing BWB (Boeing 797 ???)

You can download it from Simviation.com You can see it is not as large as expected (at least me), it is just a little bit larger than the B747 and the A380. It will be designed to be able to be operated on airports where the A380 can. Capacity is roughly 1000 pax, and flies at M0.88 - M0.9 All in all, a little bit much better in every aspects than any other current airliner.

You can see she needs only 3 of the currently largest engines. The whole aircraft profile resembles the thick supercritical wing profile. The FS model is very detailed, but very fictious in many details, as the airplane exists only in a scaled model currently. Perhaps it will give some insppirations to Boeing engineers  ;D The shape does not provide enough vertical surfaces for airline advertisement... maybe it also means the start of spreading the available colors, like in Formula-1 ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:29:49 am by EHM-1001 Robert »

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
Re: The future of commercial aviation ? ... test her in FS !
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:31 pm »
Ah yes, the Borin... eh, Boeing concept plane!  ;D

As always, airbus has a significantly different approach on how in their opinion airtravel around 2050 is going to look like, which can be viewed in following pdf:

http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/reports_results_reviews/THE_FUTURE_by_Airbus_consumer_report.pdf

2050... then i will be... 79! Guess actually that by then it won't mean as much to me as it maybe does today...  ;)

Wonder if for the BWB (or 797, or whatever) my sig below also still applies!?  ;D

Cheers,
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."