Author Topic: Question about events  (Read 4983 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Question about events
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:55:19 am »
If a new event is created, does it has to be from airports (to/from) in the timetable or can an event have airports that are not on the regular EuroHolidays/EuroCargo/EuroBusiness timetables?

Just wondering because I have an event in mind. The problem is that a/c is also not in the EuroHarmony fleet :(

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Re: Question about events
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:11:44 am »
Hi Didimo,

Airports for an event are no issue at all. By definition an event is "special" so it could / should take pilots to places they don't fly all the time. Very often this means adding airports (to the database) for the only use of one event. Adding an airport is an easy thing to do so there is no cost / benefit issue here.

Adding an aircraft type, on the other hand, is a more tedious task (it includes repainting and tuning for probably 3 simulator versions). It happened in the past (including the very recent WILD launch event) to use a new aircraft type for an event, but only when the same is later kept in service for current operations.

Now depending on your idea, it may be possible (or not) to alter "just a bit" the original plan and use an existing aircraft (the current fleet encompasses a wide variety of sizes and colors :) ).

Andrei

Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 02:33:31 am »
I am a super fan of the Twin Otter aircraft, for the past year I have even left the jets (my favourite) to fly exclusively turboprops. I was using the excellent (for freeware) Premier Aircraft Design Twin Otter -400 variant (glass cockpit) for FSX (they have FS9 version too if I remember correctly). Wanting more realism I bought the Aerosoft Twin Otter.

So, having so much fun with it and see them flying over my house every single day that I thought, hum, wouldn't it be fun to have an event on IVAO (online) where all participants fly their Twin Otters (freeware or payware) starting at one airport and ending in another? in fact I thought of multiple airports (2-3 legs) where only Twin Otters are seen in the skies.

But the problem here is that the Twin Otter is not in the EuroHarmony fleet. The other problem is that I am now flying exclusively in the virtual latinamerican skies where unfortunately EHM has little coverage (no short hauls only medium-long hauls to very limited airports) :-( the main reason why I have been so inactive in EHM (pilot-wise).

The B1900 would be an alternative but I think I have no plans to step out of my Twin Otter for the time being :-) after all it costed me millions of microcents LOL.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:31:01 am »
But the problem here is that the Twin Otter is not in the EuroHarmony fleet.

I think you've missed more than you realise Didimo - the Twin Otter is the first aircraft in our WILD Division ;)

Have a look through the Forum and you'll see quite a bit of coverage of its introduction during our recent WILD bush flying Event. You will also see that we are introducing bush flights around Canada and the US Rockies for our Twotters as EuroCargo Missions now that the Event has concluded  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:33:53 am by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:46:39 am »
That is wildly possible Dominic :-) I saw the Wild announcement but missed the Tweety part of it :-( I guess now I will have to repair some ailerons and perhaps undust the cargo version of my Twotter. At EHM I was always in the main division and never did EuroHolidays or any of the others, will certainly take a look! Thanks!

Anyway some other wild possibilities of real life routes flown with the Twin Otter could be:

MRPV - MPBO  (Pavas, San Jose, Costa Rica to Bocas del Toro, Panama).
MPBO - MPMG (Bocas del Toro to Marcos A. Gelabert)
MPMG - MP26 (Marcos A. Gelabert to Punta Cocos -island airstrip-, Panama)
MPMG - MPJE (Marcos A. Gelabert to JaquƩ in wild Darien province, take off before the FARC grabs you!)
MPMG - MPLP (Marcos A. Gelabert to La Palma in Darien province).

Well, hope is the last thing lost :-)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:29:49 am by EHM-2198 Didimo »