Author Topic: Fleet cockpit problems  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Lloyd Owers

• Preflight checks
Fleet cockpit problems
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »
Hi everyone.

Firstly, I do apologise if this has been asked previously, or if it is just me being simple.

Right...  I was promoted to Class 2, and  then downloaded Saab 2000 and the Dornier aircraft.  Now, they are both installed and visble on FS2004, but when selected, there is just a blank panel, with no working cockpit, or visible gauges.

Where the gauges should be, there are just blank spaces.  Has this happened to anybody else?  If so, what did you do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lloyd

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: Fleet cockpit problems
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:22:08 pm »
Hi Lloyd,

What type of computer system are you running? Can you tell us your Windows version, 32 or 64 bit etc as sometimes this has a bearing on how planes and their components operate (or don't).

Normally when gauges don't show up, it's because they haven't ended up in the right place. From what you say though the aircraft model has ended up in the right place so that doesn't seem likely...

EDIT: I've just downloaded and checked these two planes and all the Gauges are where they should be in the package so that's not the reason...

The first solution to try is to download the packages again and reinstall them as sometimes some of the data can become corrupted when downloaded. Make sure you point the installer to the Main FS2004 folder and see whether this fixes the issue.

If not, let us know here and we'll try some other ideas ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:29:40 pm by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline Lloyd Owers

• Preflight checks
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:43:49 pm »
When I downloaded it, I chose to download it to the FS9/Aircraft folder?  Is this correct?

It is strange though.  Just can't figure why it's doing it, as all other aircraft I've downloaded before (including EHM B1900) have worked fine.  But yer, the panel/cockpit looks ok, but like I said, I just don't have any instruments/gauges on show...

My PC is 32bit by the way and has Windows XP Home.  It was basically the home PC for everyone, but now we all have laptops, so I use this as the FS9 machine now :)

Lloyd

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »
I think you need to point to your FS9 folder during installation, Lloyd. I can't know for sure at this time, because I don't have FS9 on the computer I am working from now, but I ran the installer to a dummy folder and it creates an aircraft folder under the dummy folder.
That would mean that you'll find a "Gauges" folder under your aircraft folder that should be one level up: in the FS9 root folder.

So if you move your "ehmv4-fleet-S2000" folder one level up to your "FS9\Aircraft" folder, and the "Aircraft\Gauges" folder one level up to the FS9 root folder (saying "yes" to the overwrite question), you should be OK after a fresh start of FS9.

If not, please report back here, and we'll take it from there.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline Lloyd Owers

• Preflight checks
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:35 pm »
Eric-Jan, thank you very much.  It worked.  I was just putting it into the wrong location :)

Dominic - sorry mate! :(

And now, a bit off topic, but is there a EuroHarmony community of VRoute?

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:17 pm »
Glad to be of service, Lloyd! :)

Don't know about the Vroute thing, though. I believe it's A Vatsim thing, and I am of "the other camp"  ;D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer