Author Topic: @Murray Setup guide for Revolution simproducts proline tq, pm and xplane  (Read 7659 times)

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Murray,

Any chance you could write a setup guide for the proline 737 tq from revolution simprodcts to work with x-plane and Project magenta?
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: @Murray Setup guide for Revolution simproducts proline tq, pm and xplane
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:42:03 am »
Haven't actually got it fully working yet, but given there's going to be multiple people with this setup soon enough (;)), it's something we can look at doing.

Update: Having said that, it's much the same for X-Plane as it is for FSX, since the tough stuff is offloaded to PM (and takes the most time to get working right), you just run SIOC and start X-Plane. The hard work needs to be handled by XPUIPC; PM offsets to be sent to things in the PM software etc. The big stuff (manual and auto throttle position, flaps, speed brakes) just work, it's the TO/GA and A/T disconnect button that need work...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:03:27 am by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:27 am »
So can I confirm the following?

1. Are the throttles working to control x-plane (I think the big stuff as you describe says it is, and that motorised movement works as expected)?

2. How are the two usbs connected? is the joy one connected to the main flightsim computer and the other to sioc on the pm machine or do you have all running on one pc?

I'm assuming all is connected to one pc, whereas I envision a situation whereby the joy usb is connected to the xplane pc and the motorised one to the PM machine where SIOC is running, although it may be that both need to be connected to the same place, perhaps on the main sim machine.

If it's just toga and A/T Disconnect, then I think that its possible to code these offsets in the config file, so not a problem. What I do see as being an issue is remote joystick connection as XPUIPC doesn't support joystick assignment yet as registered FSUIPC does.

My message to revsimproducts

Message: Quick question, I have read that the non motorised throttle works with x-plane and also have a friend with the proline tq (that I have on order) who has told me that also works with x-plane. Both the friend and myself use Project Magenta.

Would I be correct in assuming that I can connect the joystick side of the throttle to the flight sim pc for direct use with x-plane and use the other usb in another computer with sioc to be controlled by project magenta for motorised components such as throttles, speed brake etc?

I am particularly looking forward to using the pro tq with PM and X-plane 10 when released this year.

This was the response I got from Revsimproducts:

Dear Alexander,

Non motorized throttle works with no problem on X Plane. Since it is basically an advanced joystick all you need to do is to define the axis and the buttons as the normal one and use it. Motorized however is a different story. Frankly we have not yet tried xplane+PM combination. However this has given us a good idea to try. As the throttle works with PM with no problem at all, using the B737 model and PM has a possibility of working fine together.

As PM offsets are private offsets we will soon try this and will publish the results. As of right now there is no guarantee from our side for the mentioned combination.

Best Regards

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:26:15 pm »
I have all three USB connections going to my (old) gaming rig, where I run FSX/X-Plane, PM MCP and FSUIPC/XPUIPC (amongst other things, and respectively where appropriate).

I didn't do a great deal of flight testing in X-Plane, but I could do easily enough in order to push things along: the major parts of the TQ worked though, throttles for thrust (and if memory serves, in A/T mode as well), flaps and speedbrakes, along with the parking brake. I know that TO/GA and A/T disconnect didn't work. I wasn't really paying enough attention to check the electrical isolators and fuel cut-offs.

As you point out, the TOGA and A/T Disco button offsets should be configurable in XPUIPC, but when I read the documentation it confused the hell outta me :) If someone with a little more skill and technique were to take a look, that might be better.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
hmmm strange about toga and a/t disconnect. Surely that's purely PM (as we don't use the autopilot within the sim).

Any more you could confirm the better. Every time I go back to give FSX a try I get too pissed off with the crashes to stick with it, so will definitely be using it with x-plane, just need to figure out how to hook it up on the network of machines.

Your throttle has 3 usb, my revision (1.7 I believe) will only have 2 if the manual is correct.

That said the prices also went up drastically between your purchase last year (~EUR2700+ship+vat) and mine now (EUR3600+ship+vat -> non-discount price 3999) :( with no functionality change between the units, so consider yourself a luckier bastage!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »
TOGA and A/T disco are just buttons (as best I can tell), but without the PM offsets and appropriate "programming", they are just buttons. In FSX, you just need to send the correct value to particular "PM*" offsets using FSUIPC, and it's all hunky dory. Said offsets aren't in XPUIPC (least ways, not in mine) so they need "developing" in whatever voodoo XPUIPC expects.

Yes, the v1.6 and above have the TQ Manager card in them, so things will likely be a shed-load easier for you (one less USB, just for starters). Heck, your SIOC setup should be so easy that ordinary users can do it for themselves; mine had to be done by a trained professional.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:28:29 pm »
SIOC is not for mortals. That is why the FDS cards were made.

anything