Author Topic: FSX not responding  (Read 5332 times)

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FSX not responding
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this information as it is quite important for FSX pilots using Windows 7. I have been on the verge of dumping FSX because of the problem of FSX not responding on a random basis, I could hardly complete a flight where fsx would stop responding, it would return after a period of time providing you did not select anything in FS (on my system 7 minutes), I have trawled the web in search of a solution, suggestions varied from anti virus software, Active Sky, UIAutomationcore.dll and other dll files, all with no success. However I seem to have found the solution and it is so simple it is silly, I have set my frame rates to unlimited, and I have flown over 30 hours with no occurences of the dreaded not responding, during the flight the following software was running Active Sky, Flight Sim Commander, Ultimate Traffic 2 and Flight Logger. I have tried to encourage a failure by running various other packages during a flight ie Mail, Office software, printing and downloading files from the web. Hope this helps any other frustrated FSX pilots with this problem.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: FSX not responding
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:20:46 pm »
Thank you for mentioning this here, Bruce.
I must admit that I have my max. framerate set to 25, in FSX under W7 64 bit Home Premium, and I haven't experienced any lockups myself yet. But I have read about it, and if this is a simple solution for that problem, then all the better! :)
Thanks again for sharing!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

anything