Author Topic: Getting online problems again  (Read 2503 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Getting online problems again
« on: October 22, 2004, 10:22:30 pm »
Hi,

Today I spent the better part of my evening again trying to get connect to IVAO again! I have to say I'm getting a little tired of this crapy software and hope they realease some new stuff soon:{ So now I got this of my chest here is what I have and did. If anyone has a good idea please let me know.

1) there is an adsl modem connected to my ethernet card. This modem has udnp but i Disabled it.
2) There is a router conected to the modem. The router is configured to forward tcp port 47624 and udp ports 6073 and 2300 thru 2400 directly to my pc.
3) connected to the router is my pc. The xp firewall is turned off. My real firewall is also turned off in desparation.

The only thing I can try is turn off the firewall in the router but that would leave my pc completely defenseless.

Currently sb relay tells me it can not use udp port6073 as it is already in use.
So if anyone can tell me what is wrong here I would owe you.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 09:03:06 am »
Hi Cyriel,

do you use any other programs which may have an effect on your connection, like NetLimiter?

Gergely

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:18:04 am »
nope, nothing else is running.

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 02:00:47 pm »
Ok Got it working. Actually you don't want to know how but I'll still tell you.

I had to remove directx from the registry. I reconfigured my pc to start clean ( only the bre min. to get windows running). I reinstalled directx.
Set my pc back to the original config again.
Disabled udnp disc. again and recinfigured my SW firewall.

Looks like it is working now and I still have basic firewall functionality. So now I'm happy:] still think the ws is crap though as I need 5 programs to fly online so can not wait for a new version.

anything