Author Topic: Company Channel disappeared!?  (Read 13030 times)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Company Channel disappeared!?
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:34:14 am »
Yesterday and today again while flying online on IVAO, I tried to connect to our EHM-Company Channel as usual. Unfortunately the channel seems to has disappeared from the list!

Any reason?

Peter (EHM2758)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:44:02 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
Re: Company Channel disappeared!?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »
Me neither and when I try to connect as EHM pilot, I mean as VA member didn't work, the IVAO Web said: The user is not registered as VA member ??? :'(

Thanks for your help :)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »
Strange...! I also noticed, by accident, in my IVAO-profile that I 'm no longer a member of a VA!

Peter
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:42:08 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »
I think this is the reason http://www.ivao.aero/vasystem/ EHM VA was disappeared ???... or no more active...

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »
There will be an announcement about this from Murray tomorrow - we've been in contact with IVAO about it which is why there has been no MT answer to this as yet ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:22:18 am »
I'll do this here, rather than a full announcement.

As David has rightly noticed, we (the VA) have been removed from the IVAO VA system because we no longer met their VA system rules and regulations. When we joined the VA system many years ago, Gergely made it clear that we would have to have a minimum number of pilots flying a minimum number of hours online to remain, and for quite some time we've not had that minimum number of active pilots. That, along with a number of other "infractions", has resulted in IVAO dropping us from the VA system.  :'(

We, as an organisation (and by that I mean you pilots, not just the MT), have a decision to make as a result: do we want to re-apply? It'll mean us all regularly flying (once a week minimum, and an hour or more each), we will need at least ten pilots doing this (myself included), and we'll need to keep this up into the future. If we remain "separate", there's nothing preventing us from flying on IVAO, and continuing to use our "EHM"/"Harmony" callsign; we just lose IVAO PIREPing and an IVAO-specific company channel.

So, at this point, I re-open the floor to you to discuss this with each other and the MT (us), and we'll see if we can't come to a consensus before acting further.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:26:02 am by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 08:15:46 am »
In order to rejoin IVAO as a VA, we really would need an online evangelist on the management team - someone (or a few) to champion online flight, herd  the new blood onto IVAO / Vatsim and organise fly-ins and other online events.

I suggested to the other MT members to approach one of our big online pilots such as Trevor, Peter or David.

If this is something you might like to get involved with, or step up to the plate, then give a shout.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »
In order to rejoin IVAO as a VA, we really would need an online evangelist on the management team - someone (or a few) to champion online flight, herd  the new blood onto IVAO / Vatsim and organise fly-ins and other online events.

I suggested to the other MT members to approach one of our big online pilots such as Trevor, Peter or David.

If this is something you might like to get involved with, or step up to the plate, then give a shout.

This is official, BTW. We're opening a new MT junior position for this - "Online Czar"  ;D

Seriously though, this is a real position within the EHM Staff, and in some ways it's where I started with the VA - although in my case it was called "online flying assistant".
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 11:42:07 pm »
For what my input is worth, I say let us re-apply. Up until now I have been threatening to start flying online but have needed a kick in the .... and if we should be allowed to have our own channel again it could just be the incentive/obligation needed to start flying such.

The idea of the evangelist seems the perfect way to go.

regards
Dirk

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 11:56:54 am »
If a kick in the ... (very known spot of the lower backside of the body) really helps..... ;D I'll be glad to be the executioner! So consider this reply as being kicked!  :o Hope to hear from you soon on the IVAO Unicom_Channel, untill we have our own channel again!

To get the Company_Channel back, EHM needs at least 10 pilots, who are willing to fly online on a regular basis and report their flightlogs in IVAO's PIREP.  So... who's next to be kicked?

Peter
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:57:26 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »
I'm in too, but not sure to fly everyday, at least once a week ;D

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:18 am »
I will be getting back onto Ivao once I get my sim up and flying again
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 12:13:18 pm »
Great, so far so good.... four pilots on... at least six to go before we can make a request to activate EHM on IVAO again. :)

Peter

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:23 pm »

Hi Folks
   I have missed reading a few postings in my time, and most of this topic is in that category. :-[
   Please add me to the list.

Trevor

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »
I'm good for on average 1 flight a week. In practice I fly about 1/3 online, only on IVAO. That's not too much, but I'll try harder to remember using the IVAO PIREP system.
That will add another 2 flights a month (more with those nice tours ;) )
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »
If I may, I would like to make a suggestion:

If those pilots who are experienced online flyers, would consider to offer themselves as a kind of buddy for those who want to go online but hesitate for any reason?
There's a simple and safe method of flying together: Teamviewer is a piece of free obtainable software that makes it possible to monitor each others screen! Protected by password an ATC-newbie can give permission to an experienced onliner to witness his flying and assist him step by step.

Think it over and respond!

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:45:51 am »
I'ts a really good idea Peter, in fact I'm not an expert, cause I continue to learn about how to fly online (IVAO or VATSIM), nevertheles I'll be try, but I don't know about Teamviewer either ???

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »
As Quick Stats shows we're =
Total pilots:   1009 :o
Active pilots: 79  :)

and we're 6 or 7 pilots who'll try to fly by IVAO, does anyone of the 72 EHM pilots will be part of the rescue from the Company channel and to get back all the rights from IVAO ::)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:45:58 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2781 Renaat

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:59 am »
I'm still relative new in the VA and I only restarte donline flying even more recently.
Voice comm would be great in my opinion the strengthen the VA colleague friendship.
Sadly it seams that were don't meet the ivao VA requirements.

Maybe we can start a VA voice channel on a different (free) platform?
I'm thinking about Ventrilo, in that way we surely don't interfere with ivao as they using Teamspeak (v2)
Don't panic!! The Answer is 42...
H'um what was the Question again ?

Offline EHM-2380 Martin

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 11:21:35 am »
Let's try. I installed Ventrilo.
Beware of low-flying butterflies.

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 12:39:47 pm »
Hi Renaat,

Totally agree; any suggestion to obtain online communication between ehm pilots earns a try. I searched for Ventrilo and found it. But how does it work? I think someone has to operate as a server?

Peter

Offline EHM-2781 Renaat

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »
Peter,
You need indeed a server, but there are so you can join free , ex.  http://freeventrilo.org/publicservers
Our you can pay for hosting, I's about 2 € for 5 users / month, but lets explore first how many pilots are willing to join a free one  ;)
Don't panic!! The Answer is 42...
H'um what was the Question again ?

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 07:42:43 pm »
From an MT point of view: usually, free software may be used for personal use only. Setting it up as an official EHM communications channel, we (EHM) usually need to pay for both the software, and for the server use.
I must admit I haven't looked in to Vetrillo just yet, so I'm not sure if this may be an exception, but that has been my experience so far.

I'll have a look at Ventrillo later, and come back to you guys. If I think it has potential, I'll suggest it to MT as well.

Thanks all, for thinking with us about a solution for this situation  ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer