Author Topic: A new tour in preparation  (Read 17117 times)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Re: A new tour in preparation
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 05:20:17 pm »
Fixed.

The first time I had added every aircraft that "exists in the fleet", without realizing what I am missing by doing this way. Are there other notable absences?

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
Alexander or Andrei might correct me here but the box on the Tour Assignment page only relates to the older VFR tours where you have to choose one plane to use for the whole Tour.

This Tour allows you to use anything you want that is suitable so in my view you can choose any of the planes shown in the drop down box and it doesn't stop you flying with any other aircraft during the Tour ;)

EDIT - Only just seen your response Andrei - does the dropdown box choice cause Flogger to reject other aircraft when a Tour flight is selected?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:49:50 pm by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:31 am »
The tour legs are "known" by FL4 as assigned flights, which means the web site says the origin, destination AND type of aircraft. I suppose (this being Alexander's area of expertise) that the type of aircraft sent by the web site is the one selected in the tour page.

However, as long as there is no automatic check between the "planned" and "actual" types of aircraft, this means that there is no blocker, but the flight is recorded as flown using the "planned" type of aircraft. There is of course a way to manually check for any abuse here, but as far as such a tour is concerned and the flight duration/speed/altitude are plausible, I suppose no one will ask further questions.

Thus, selecting an aircraft in the tour page is not mandatory for FL4, but I think it's good to do so in order to keep a clean flight record. Don't know for sure yet, I have completed the first world tour before the assignment system was created so I never checked this on my own flights. 

Andrei

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »
Sorry about not having responded Andrei!. I was away for a bit and only had acess to the net for about 1 hour - too short to pick up on the new planning clues. Had I been here I should have been very stupid indeed to not have picked it up as the first two clues were (or would have been) clear give-aways for me.
I returned last evening and first thing this morning did 2 outstanding 007 legs and as I was on the verge of logging off I noticed the new forum article on a new tour. Being on the lookout for new adventures I went into it and saw it has already been solved and I had already flown the first leg. This one is surely going to be even tougher than no 1? Let's see!
Anyway, Andrei, thank you for having put this one on as it gives one something to be busy with as opposed to just flying randomly.
Look forward to the "African Bush" part to see what you came up with there.!

Regards
Dirk
EHM2581

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »
Fixed.

The first time I had added every aircraft that "exists in the fleet", without realizing what I am missing by doing this way. Are there other notable absences?

Andrei
Thanks Andrei ;) what about the Fokker 50 ::)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 09:25:39 pm »
Thanks Andrei ;) what about the Fokker 50 ::)

It is allowed now, I am too emotionally connected to the Fokkers to let these out of the fun :)

Andrei

anything