Author Topic: IvAp released (public preview version)  (Read 8460 times)

EHM-0001 Gergely

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IvAp released (public preview version)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 10:48:37 pm »
Yippee!!!

Now I'm no longer IVAO staff, I've really missed IvAp...

If only you'd have told us before the IVAO-HU event...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:15:39 am »
Cool :8

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 06:40:08 am »
It was released during the HU event (the broadcast was sent around 2200Z)...

I'm gonna try it now! :8

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 11:27:58 am »
This means I no longer need all those different programs like SBrealy, sbhost Sqawkbox? This would be great news indeed;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 02:01:46 pm »
Originally posted by cyriel
This means I no longer need all those different programs like SBrealy, sbhost Sqawkbox? This would be great news indeed;D

Pretty much, yup.

I so liked the IvAp system that I nearly didn't bother re-installing all the SB stuff once I got my PC working again (it was only the IVAO-HU inaugural event that kicked me into doing it).

Now that Kenny and the other guys in IVAO SoftDev have public beta'd IvAp, I can stop using all the (frankly) awful SB tools again...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1077 Emanuele

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 02:06:11 pm »
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems from the screenshots that you can finally do some
serious formation flying, with planes -not- jumping all over the places. Can anybody
confirm this?

ciao ciao!

Manu

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 02:55:18 pm »
Indeed. And there's a good multiplayer aircraft library, so you see nice planes. :)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 05:13:45 pm »
I just downloaded and installed it. I connect to the ivao network without a hitch or doing anything to my routers, firewalls etc. Now the only thing missing is a manual:> Although I admit I only looked for 5 min it seems I can only give my own plane 3 different looks (bwa, estail and something else). Is Euroharmony also in there? That would be really great. But still from what I saw so far. Great work Ivao!!

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 05:18:54 pm »
May I ask if I am looking at the right thing. The software I think that it is has a size of 27MB. Due to my 56k Modem, this size is too big. Hopefully I am looking at the wrong one but I doubt it. Will there be a compressed version some time soon.
I hope so!

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 06:12:06 pm »
The downloads are here:
http://www.ivao.org/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_downl.asp

You need to download only the Installer (1.7 MB).
The 27MB download are for the aircraft to display correctly (so you'll see every plane with the correct shape and texture; same as the CSL in SB).

Cyriel:
EHM is not yet included. This is just a beta version; VAs have yet to send their textures.

Manual is here:
http://www.ivao.org/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_manual.asp

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 08:04:52 pm »
Originally posted by YR-TGM
Manual is here:
http://www.ivao.org/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_manual.asp

And on that note, if you have never used one of the previous beta releases of IvAP, please, please, please read the manual before flying online...

I'm too generous for my own good, spent three quarters of an hour at the start of my own IvAp test flight (just disconnected) explaining to a new IvAp user how to make it work, then had a minor 'mare once I contacted Rico on EGLL_TWR (sorry Rico, my framerate went through the floor on final...)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 08:21:53 pm »
Hi all,
Got it last night after several spooky messages from the SDD about a trick or treat!! Gaave it a quick once over about 1am with a few others.....VERY impressed. Absolutely brilliant in my opinion. You can see how much effort has been put into creating it. Hats off! ;D ;D

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 08:58:50 pm »
So i do not need the 27MB bit to join in events with you guys. Seen as I have the EHM fleet installed, they should all show up correctly.
Please correct me if i am wrong

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 10:03:42 pm »
I'm not sure about this, but I think you are wrong. I don't know what happens if you don't install that 27MB file. But my guess will be that you simply don't see any aircrafts.

EHM-1328 Willem

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 10:46:20 pm »
Seen as I have the EHM fleet installed, they should all show up correctly. Please correct me if i am wrong

On the Ivap page you can read all about MTL , if you dont install it you dont see other aircraft.!!!
Even the standard aircraft wil not be shown.
btw there are now 4 MTL files to download.

Oh and the program is not error free ,  this evening 2 times FS9 shutdown when i started Ivap.

Willem, EHM1328

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 01:42:49 am »
Originally posted by Murray Crane
.......then had a minor 'mare once I contacted Rico on EGLL_TWR (sorry Rico, my framerate went through the floor on final...)

Lol, I already thought something went wrong ;D

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 09:01:28 pm »
Well I still think the new ivap client is great but today I ran into my first problems. I spent 40 minutes to get the thing working. I worked like a charm for the past two days. Than today Ivap would not start and just give me the error FS failed to connect to the message server ( ivap.exe).

I did not change anything into my configuration for the pas ideas so I have no clue what is wrong here. Then 3 reboots later I fianlly managed to connect but when sending the Flighplan it complained about a program not accredited in FSUIPC. The FP registered fine but it in the ivap client the FP light stayed off the whole time instead of green. FOr the rest it worked as usual. So if anyone could tell me what happened here I would be truly greatfull

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 09:17:56 pm »
Originally posted by cyriel
...but when sending the Flighplan it complained about a program not accredited in FSUIPC. The FP registered fine but it in the ivap client the FP light stayed off the whole time instead of green.

Hi Cyriel, the FP light doesn't change to green, it is red with no flight plan sent, and the turns off once one has been sent....it is more of a warning light.

As for the FSUIPC error....I am having the same problem. It doesn't seem to matter, I just click OK (why cant FSUIPC mind it's own business what I use) and carry on as normal.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 09:28:25 pm »
don't forget it's a beta so it likely has many bugs... the FSUIPC and can't connect error is already investigated...

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 05:14:35 pm »
For a beta I still think it is pretty good. I'm only surprised it stoped working for a while without changing anything. All seems to be in working order again now.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 09:42:30 am »
IvAp 0.3.2 is now released, with several bug fixes.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 12:42:33 pm »
... I was having some problems updating the weather with IVap ...

Maybe in this version the problem is fixed...

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 08:45:25 pm »
Today I installed the new version. SO far the older version was better for me. Each time some traffic was added I got disconected. As  was flying to Amsterdam there was a lot of traffic there so it crashed every 2 min. I could not complete the flight online :{

Next time I'll try without my firewall running

EHM-1532 Søren

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2004, 05:00:09 am »
First of all I would like to say I am glad to have joined EHM, I joined a few days ago after a long flying break, both on and offline. I have usually flown online on vatsim and so far it's been great for me. However, today I had a glance at the new pilot client with IVAO, and I must admit so far I am impressed. I think this is my future network of choice. Well a lot more testing from my side is requiered, but I think my SB days are coming to an end.

Søren Jensen/EKAE
EHM-1532
EHAM