Author Topic: 007 Event concludes in London  (Read 8375 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
007 Event concludes in London
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:00 am »

After six months, over thirty thousand nautical miles and countless encounters with evil villains our 007 ProPilot Event has come to its conclusion in James Bond's home city - London, where the latest Bond film "Skyfall" premiered last night.

Congratulations go to our intrepid super-spies who made it all the way round the demanding route:-

EHM-1212 Dorin Florea
EHM-1829 Trevor Bolton
EHM-1882 Giancarlo Randozzo
EHM-2131 Bruce Thomas
EHM-2190 Domingos Rocha
EHM-2380 Martin Yakubov
EHM-2387 E-J Oud
EHM-2581 Dirk Uys
EHM-2589 David Sifuentes
EHM-2672 Patrick Chan Kon
EHM-2684 Andrzej Gladkowski

AND... EHM-2758 Peter Bleekemolen who is heading into EGLC as I type this, the final pilot to finish the Event  ;)

(If I've missed anyone off the list please let me know - it was a challenge worthy of 007 himself to work out who has completed all the flights!!)

Of course, in any James Bond adventure there are those who fall along the way, all part of the drama! So well done to everyone else who took part in the Event too, whatever stage you reached  :)

I hope you all enjoy the new Bond film, let us know if it gives you any ideas for future flights, Tours or Events  ;D

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:20:39 am by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
Re: 007 Event concludes in London
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »

Thanks Dominic and the rest of the MT for the organizing and assistance throughout the event. ;)
  Also a mention for David, who organized the group flights with his "Doodle Wand". ;D I think we managed six pilots on one of the Legs.

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:55:03 pm »
Finished the "James Bond"-tour today. Yesterday I flew my final leg of the Double World Tour! I did enjoy both tours very much, but the joined flights with my fellow spies online, were the ultimate flying experiences. That's what makes this hobby so enjoyable. Many thanks to those who made this possible!

I'm looking forward to the next online tour or event!

Peter

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »
And I just approved that flight, so now it's official  ;D

A big thank you to Dominic for all the effort he has put in to creating this tour!
And indeed to David for pulling all the spies together online ;)

Also, a big thank you to all that participated. You are the crowd we do this for.
And finally a congrats to those that managed to finish the tour in time.

For me, personally, that was quite a challenge, with 3 weeks holiday somewhere in the middle, and legs that I had to split up in two sub-legs, because I have to get up at 05:30, and I need my sleep ... ;) So also a thank you to my wife, for putting up with me sitting in the study for two evenings a week, instead of my usual one evening.

And now, ..., on to the United Nations Day event flight ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:36:25 am by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »
And of course been to the movies to see SkyFall. Definitely worth a trip to the cinema, I can assure you :D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer